Author Topic: NCR Industry List (in progress)  (Read 5714 times)

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
Re: NCR Industry List (in progress)
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »
If I remember correctly, the Jessup WM plant was built around 1990, possibly even before. Just backdate it further and call it Conrail innovation.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5404
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 10:39:38 PM »
Be careful how you toss around those initials, son.  The last man who equated the WM with garbage would have turned 32 yesterday...  Poor fella.

Large Louis
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 10:55:25 PM »
So last night I spent some time working out some stuff in the York area.

If I'm going to have ANY hope of doing this justice, I'm going to need that aircraft hanger that they use in Mythbusters (complete with Karri Byron...). I just worked York out, and the Yard area alone is close to 40' long. And I'm not even sure if it'll be big enough to support all the traffic I want to push through it.

The yard would be responsible for, and this is BEFORE any conjecture or interchange stuff, 40+ industry spots.

And keep in mind, one of the reasons I'm modeling the Northern Central is that it's somewhat SMALL compared with lots of railroading.

sirenwerks

• Crew
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 11:49:34 AM »
Be careful how you toss around those initials, son.  The last man who equated the WM with garbage would have turned 32 yesterday...  Poor fella.

LMAO. I hesitated about using the abbreviation, thinking I might catch some flack. But Waste Management uses their WM logo on all of the cars they have.

BTW Ed, I have it from a reliable source that the CoalPorter-style woodchip cars WM uses at the Jessup facility will be available in the not-so-distant future from a manufacturer who already makes them in HO. They would be brand-spanking new during your chosen time scheme? Another caveat of doing the WM facility is their SW9 (or is it a 1200?), in that horrid green that they have. And... I was looking at some aerial shots of the facility the other day and saw that they apparently also have a GP7 or 9 in the green too, although I have never personally seen it. I haven't been down there in a while, but am planning an excursion to grab a few more shots of the cars in decent light. Hopefully, that Geep will magically appear for me.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 01:19:22 PM »
I think those cars are 10 years too new for me. But it IS a tempting option.

sirenwerks

• Crew
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 03:34:41 PM »
You could always backdate the cars, in essence, and use the Athearn hi-side gons (real beat up ones too, with lotsa vodka on 'em) or go with the trash container idea which, while I am no expert on this, probably worked for your "era". Gosh, I sound like a pusher. "Do the Waste Management idea Ed, do it, do it..."

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5404
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 04:21:02 PM »
Just don't model it in Odorama...

Edith Massey
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net