Author Topic: Erie Lackamoney Models  (Read 2979 times)

SAH

• Crew
  • Respect: +204
Erie Lackamoney Models
« on: February 12, 2007, 10:06:53 PM »
I've not seen posts by any Erie Lackawanna fans on the Railwire, but if you're out there or you have an interchange with the EL on your layout and need a caboose for the transfer run, I'm liquidating some of my custom built EL collection too.  An Erie Dunmore-like caboose is picture below.  The only other way you can get one like it right now is to talk Chris into building one for you.   :)  His will be correct.  Mine is an approximation - Close enough unless you're a diehard Erie fan.

The Ebay link is

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=401015635&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=220081630943&lk=URL

or search username chshdh if that doesn't work.

I've come to the point where I know I'm not gonna use all the stuff I have.  Life goes on you know. . . . .

Here's another shot of typical EL freight power - Hi HP 2nd gen hoods coupled to barely running covered wagons.  The U boat is on Ebay too.

Steve

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Has a degree in American History & Culture.
  • Respect: +2123
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Erie Lackamoney Models
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:09:29 PM »
That EL Uboat is temping, but I'd only defile it... so it's best left to someone who will give it a loving home.

SAH

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 10:18:49 PM »
That EL Uboat is temping, but I'd only defile it... so it's best left to someone who will give it a loving home.

When I bought it oh so many years ago, it was painted Penn Central black Ed.  Stripped it, replaced the handrail stanchions with GMM, new brass handrails.  It's a Hallmark brassy.  Didn't run worth a poop so it's been dummied.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +2712
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:12:21 AM »
Nice models!

I should add that it was Steve's article in N Scale magazine that got me to build my old N scale Dunmore and his idea to start with an Atlas model.

SecretWeapon

• Crew
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 10:56:57 AM »
Hey,
  I was watching both. Until I read the you wanted $125.00 for a dummy engine :o.
Mike

umtrr-author

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:22:30 AM »
Nice work on the 'boose!  :D

David Leonard

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 11:58:47 AM »
Drawing on the American Indian heritage of "Lackawanna," maybe we could refer to the EL as the "Erie Lackawampum!" 

OK, back on topic for a minute: those are nice looking models! I'm with Ed, however, I'd CR patch the thing, like I did with my hard-to-find LL EL C424.

SAH

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 12:08:17 PM »

OK, back on topic for a minute: those are nice looking models! I'm with Ed, however, I'd CR patch the thing, like I did with my hard-to-find LL EL C424.

Shame, shame, shame on you guys!  CR patch thing indeed!  ;D ;D ;D
I'll have to post some CR paint outs in the Proto Photos on Thursday. 

SAH

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 12:14:22 PM »
Hey,
  I was watching both. Until I read the you wanted $125.00 for a dummy engine :o.

Even with the motor installed it was a dummy - It just wouldn't roll very well.  There is no good reason to have a brass loco drive train on the layout anymore.  The deal is, if it's leavin' the house, it ain't leaving cheap!  :)

SAH

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »
Nice work on the 'boose!  :D

Thanks George.  You've been in the hobby for awhile, no?  Did you recognize the F7 as a Minitrix shell?  Naturally, as soon as I finished my model Kato came out with a real F7.  I'm better at procrastinating now though.  :)

Steve

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +150
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »
Steve,

Was that you who did the tank car detailing articles in NSM years ago? If so, kudos! Or curses. Those articles got me hopped up on super-detailing all of my rolling stock.
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.

SAH

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 11:57:17 AM »
Steve,

Was that you who did the tank car detailing articles in NSM years ago? If so, kudos! Or curses. Those articles got me hopped up on super-detailing all of my rolling stock.

Yes, that was me.  Late '92 IIRC.  Geez, 15 years ago.  I was looking at some of those models the other day.  It took the model mfgrs 10 years to catch up with me, but catch up they did.  I need to go back and refresh them.  And weather them with some of the techniques Rich and Tom are using.  Here's the last tank car I did - about 2-3 years ago.  Rescued an old MDC frameless.

Glad to hear I set you on the path to ruin.  ;D  It's gratifying to know someone read the article and thought "Hey, I can do this too."  and then did it.  I set up Chris too with the Dunmore caboose article - And now look what that poor soul is doing.   Z scale scratch for crying out loud.  ;D ;D ;D

Steve

sirenwerks

• Crew
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »
Nice MDC! Just picked up a few of them myself at the Timonium show. Been hitting the Railcarphotos site to see what I can morph them into - stretch, shrink and just plain manipulate. Got some of the Walthers PD covered hoppers to shrink too. Thinking about modeling a Transflo facility on the eventual layout to provide a central showcase for them. Got to get up to Baltimore and get better photographs of all those chutes and buggies they use first.
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.

SAH

• Crew
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 02:15:21 PM »
Nice MDC! Just picked up a few of them myself at the Timonium show.

Got some of the Walthers PD covered hoppers to shrink too.

I'd like to see what you come up with.  I have a real weakness for tank cars and covered hoppers.  Here's a Bachmann 3 dome.  Pretty close to a prototype too.  It's fun to see what can be done with those old shells.

sirenwerks

• Crew
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 09:31:56 AM »
It's fun to see what can be done with those old shells.

Exactly! New ones too. Hopefully I will have space to unpack everything and resume modeling soon. And will be able to post some progress.