Author Topic: Wow that J is nice .  (Read 3243 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
Wow that J is nice .
« on: January 08, 2007, 05:11:59 PM »
Got a Rio Grande / Wayne , care package today .  Glad I decided to feed a model museum . How nice it is to admire some non UP power . That N&W class J is a real looker . Also came are the new CMW REA semi's . Now , will somebody "IMRC" please do a cab forward .   

Richie Dost

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
Re: Wow that J is nice .
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 05:42:50 PM »
Got a Rio Grande / Wayne , care package today .  Glad I decided to feed a model museum . How nice it is to admire some non UP power . That N&W class J is a real looker . Also came are the new CMW REA semi's . Now , will somebody "IMRC" please do a cab forward .   

Yeah, they finally beefed up the boiler to proper size and the shell isn't on Gabriel Hi-Jackers either. ;D I plan to take pics and post them once I (or a more short diagnosis savvy friend) figure out where the short is.

I got mine late last week, in addition to the detail the finish is impressive as well. Only problem is mine don't work. And since the etailer I bought it from says it aint their problem (send it to Bachmann!), this became my very last order with them. >:(

Well, basically it's also the last steamer I buy that won't come throught the LHS too. At least I know they stand behind the stuff they sell.

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 05:46:37 PM »
Since Bachmann has made an industry of taking back the equipment that passes through their somewhat suspect QC process, they're actually pretty easy to deal with on this type of thing.  Pack it up, send it to Erie Ave, and you'll get a new one shortly (no pun intended!)

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8041
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 07:36:20 PM »
You can always just drop it off too, it was always easy when I was bowling at the bowling alley right next door as a kid.