I don't believe it's completely abandoned. I travel 16 on the way to Rehoboth and have seen new ballast, cross ties and road crossings improvements over the past two years. Looking at Google maps - it does appear to end at Bakers Petroleum at Gravel Hill Rd.
- Here's a Google Maps pic from May of 2018 showing a stack of cross ties and rail:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7850035,-75.3585094,3a,66.5y,209.34h,80.08t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suI61-b241HfWpJgL0fu6eQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 - Overhead shot from 2020: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7853359,-75.3597548,299m/data=!3m1!1e3
- Cross tie replacement in action https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7962421,-75.387037,141m/data=!3m1!1e3
- Baker Petroleum is at the end of the line with the DCL ALCO T6:https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7778236,-75.3423664,170m/data=!3m1!1e3
- And finally here's a Youtube clip of what of a cab ride along that section to Baker Petroleum in December of 2018:
Even though I used share link to start at 21:41 - once posted messaged the Youtube link starts from the beginning of the clip. Fast forward to 21:41 if you want. The whole video is interesting. Enjoy!
