0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Or my personal favorites- the L&N cars with wide sealed picture windows, and clerestory roof.
Jerry, how many books have you written? I find your knowledge of such things very fascinating. Are thes bits on your site?
Jerry,I am guessing you already know- but the welded NC&StL cars (for the CIty of Memphis) are available as sides from Union Station Products. I would think it would not be too much hassle to mate them with a HW underframe as streamline roof.
Where can you find (online) pics of the prototype cars?
They received fluted stainless steel on their sides and roof, but retained their old heavyweight sash windows.
Maybe they ate up the budget for these cars spending it on Budd corrugation?http://rr-fallenflags.org/cp/cp-coull-jpa.jpg
I am guessing you already know- but the welded NC&StL cars (for the CIty of Memphis) are available as sides from Union Station Products. I would think it would not be too much hassle to mate them with a HW underframe as streamline roof.
I make a resin version of this car, available from Central Hobbies.