0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
How about Arnold http://www.tee-usa.com/store/product30892.html ? Those might actually be in stock. Or http://www.reynaulds.com/products/Trix/12533.aspx ? That one is in stock and on sale!
Oooh, on sale! At $180+ that's still a serious chunk of change for a loco where you still need to scratch or otherwise obtain a body shell and details. But again, if you want to make it happen, it's certainly doable.
I just want an AEM7. We have (almost) everything else in N-scale related to electrics except this one,Phil
If anyone wants to MODEL NEXT YEAR's NE Corridor, you should know that the AEM-7's, HHP8's and almost everything else is supposed to start getting replaced with Vectron locomotives, which like the NJT ALP46's are ALMOST stock European locomotives - and they are available in N-scale. I believe the Acela sets are also due to be completely rebuilt BTW...Unfortunately there are external differences, I believe due to US crash worthiness regs...I think they're called Citysprinters or something here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amtrak_Cities_Sprinter
"I would not be surprised to see Metroliners from Kato someday...."I would about guess that it would be easier for them to do the Metra and NIDC gallery e.m.u.'s since they are so similar to the gallery cars that they currently offer...
"Welcome to the real world prices!"Real world prices my eye... probably the very reason so many European producers have died in the past few years... priced themselves right out of existance.
Sticking "a front end on the Amfleet" cars will only yield a person a foobie and nothing more since despite the fact that both Metroliners and Amfleet are tubular in nature the cars are considerably different. It just won't work.