Author Topic: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up  (Read 7323 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12346
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8590
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
0

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »
0
I just had a minor issue with a direct order and they provided excellent customer service by both phone and email.

That's good to know.
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »
0
The customer service is excellent and always has been.  The marketing of the product is the issue.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
0
The customer service is excellent and always has been.  The marketing of the product is the issue.
I've had to deal with their customer service once so far. I bought 5 sets of Maxi cars NIB last year at Springfield at several different dealers. I had receipts, but did not have anything stating which set I bought where. One of the cars on one set was busted at the mid train coupler, rendering it a 2 car set. I shot them an email and they replied stating that they would not replace it and I would have to pay $11 plus shipping for a replacement car. A good friend with some Kato sales offered his help to see if they would replace it, but he shouldnt have to do that.

Since these aren't really on my radar, I haven't paid that much attention... these aren't being offered individually?

At this time no. And this statement on the site shows just about their idea of the Amfleets at this point "An all-new collector’s set concept"

Those pictuers are nice, and it figures they would come out right as I just modified the trucks on my Bman Amfleets. I removed the lights wipers from the trucks and now they roll so much better. A Kato F40PH can now haul 5 of them with no issues, where with the wipers on it couldnt even move them.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:36:28 AM by Ian MacMillan »
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 08:17:39 AM »
0
That's good to know.

I think Kato is used to the both pronunciations by now . What they really like is the sound of KaChing ......hmmmm is that an Oriental word ?


Richie Dost

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 12:00:38 AM »
0
According to uncle Wally, Kato January announcement is more tubes and viewliner sets. A 4 car set with PhV P42, 2 Ph IVb Amfleet coaches and a Viewliner number as a Superliner, a 3 car set with PhIVb Viewliner, coach and cafe, plus single PhV P42, Viewliner, coach and baggage car. ;D

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:46:31 PM by sundowner »
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 01:12:22 AM »
0
"Hopefully all the Amfleet car parts will be released so that individual cars can be assembled.  Knowing Kato, single cars aren't on the future production schedule."

It has been stated on the Atlas forum and confirmed by Walthers that all four cars from the set will be available as separate cars as well.

mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »
0
How about four coaches and a cafe for a Hiawatha??? 

Speaking of Kato, have the Step Up sleeper/baggage car set shown up anywhere yet?
~ Matt

Modutrak.com

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 10:38:07 AM »
0
How about four coaches and a cafe for a Hiawatha??? 

ICK!

mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »
0
I'm modeling one just to irritate you. 

Irritating Mike = pure bliss for Matt   :P
~ Matt

Modutrak.com

Bsklarski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 673
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6
    • B&M Conn River Line
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 03:57:29 PM »
0
Just got the price list for the add ons from my distributor yesterday

Qty Item # Description Est. MSRP
___ KAT/1066281 N P42, Amfleet, Viewliner Intercity Express Ph VI 4-car base set
1each: GE P42 “Genesis” Amtrak Ph V #188, Amfleet II Coach Ph VI #25120, Amfleet
II Coach Ph VI #25102 and Viewliner Sleeper Ph VI #32001
$175-185
___ KAT/1063521 N Amfleet, Viewliner Intercity Express Ph VI 3-car add-on set
1each: Amfleet II Coach Ph VI #25108, Amfleet II Coach-Café Ph VI #28014 and
Viewliner Sleeper Ph VI #62036
$100-110
___ KAT/1766011 N GE P42 “Genesis” Amtrak Ph V #194 $105-110
___ KAT/1560951 N Amfleet II Coach Ph VI #25024 $25-30
___ KAT/1560952 N Viewliner Sleeper Ph VI #62049 $25-30
___ KAT/1560953 N Amtrak Baggage Ph VI #1221 $25-30


So I guess they are gonna do single cars. Order need to be in by Feb 24th 2011, delivery in June

Brian
Brian Sklarski
Engineer, New England Central Railroad

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boston-Maine-Conn-River-Line/173358446076160

Bsklarski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 673
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6
    • B&M Conn River Line
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 04:23:27 PM »
0
Of course I just saw this, there is no phase 6, my dist. messed the flyer up, so its phase 4 of course

Brian
Brian Sklarski
Engineer, New England Central Railroad

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boston-Maine-Conn-River-Line/173358446076160

lashedup

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 879
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
0
I'm modeling one just to irritate you. 

Irritating Mike = pure bliss for Matt   :P

Any bullet train run on modutrak is usually enough to push his launch button thoroughly...  ;D

I hope Kato sells the Amfleets separately as well, I'd like to pick up a few.

jnevis

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 760
  • Gender: Male
  • WP Lives
  • Respect: +18
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »
0
Those definitely look great. I really wish Kato wises up with their packaging on these on future runs (and includes an AEM7).

Why would they add a AEM7?  "Kato only does Western prototypes" :)

I am looking forward to individual cars since the Surfliner and Coast Starlight don't have Viewliners. (and occasionally a "Big Dome")
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=346359&nseq=0
Can't model worth a darn, but can research like an SOB.

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »
0
Of course I just saw this, there is no phase 6, my dist. messed the flyer up, so its phase 4 of course

Brian

According to FRt they are IVb
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.