Author Topic: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now  (Read 5128 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

central.vermont

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2627
  • Gender: Male
  • Jon
  • Respect: +148
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 09:43:40 PM »
0
Jon, MBK has the cars in stock and has large pics of the model on their site.

Thanks for that heads up Brian.
They look great!!

Jon

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 01:00:45 AM »
0
Having checked all the CN books and research material I have I think the CN version is a foobie; that said; they had some other cars in their BE series that were close; cut a few windows in the WOT car and you have a proto version of a series of cars.....not that I care; It's CN and I consider the entire railway a "foobie" so I'm getting one............. ;D ;D ;D ::)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »
0
I picked up one of the CN cars and two undecorated clostery style with hopes of using one for another CN unit and one for something else. On page 16 of Morning Sun's NP color guide there is a shot of a Pullman 70' baggage car (in Lowry no less) that is close; need to add a few end windows and it appears both doors are 8 footers but close.... It's NP 1504 - does anyone have any NP baggage reference materials (Hello Mr. Jerry !!!!! ;D) that might assist a poor kitbasher who's down on his luck.

Many thanks in advance.
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3529
  • Respect: +391
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »
0
Or any CB&Q information would also be great!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »
0
I love WOT.....I hate WOT....................... ???

The new 70' cars, both roof styles are great but, as in some sick joke (and I know WOT began as an Espee modelers supplier) the cars door arrangement is opposite what I need for any CPR cars.... There are a wack of 70' turtle roof bagge express cars but they have the five foot door and the six foot door reversed (not to mention the four foot smaller spacing on the CPR cars in between door, I can live with that) and I just don't know if I can live with the door reversal.

I have "prototypical baggage cars" for the CPR thanks to the Gooderham resin shells; that said, I'd like to add a few 70's to increase the fleet and the WOT cars are sooooooooooo close......But............ :-\

What's a man to do......
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 12:16:20 AM »
0
Kitbash!
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 10:14:04 AM »
0
Kitbash!
I'd have bet next months modeling budget you'd say that Brian ! ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

bobcat

  • Guest
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 01:04:52 PM »
0
I love WOT.....I hate WOT....................... ???

The new 70' cars, both roof styles are great but, as in some sick joke (and I know WOT began as an Espee modelers supplier) the cars door arrangement is opposite what I need for any CPR cars.... There are a wack of 70' turtle roof bagge express cars but they have the five foot door and the six foot door reversed (not to mention the four foot smaller spacing on the CPR cars in between door, I can live with that) and I just don't know if I can live with the door reversal.

I have "prototypical baggage cars" for the CPR thanks to the Gooderham resin shells; that said, I'd like to add a few 70's to increase the fleet and the WOT cars are sooooooooooo close......But............ :-\

What's a man to do......


View them with a mirror as they go by. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 01:08:06 PM »
0

View them with a mirror as they go by. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

! aedi dab a toN  ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 01:29:11 PM »
0
I'd have bet next months modeling budget you'd say that Brian ! ;)

Having seen you work, I would have bet a months modeling budget you would be doing that.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Wheels-O-Time baggage cars are here now
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 01:15:58 AM »
0
If I really needed the prototypical model and had cash to burn ... I would buy two of them and use the milling machine to extract the center section of the sides with the door openings from one car, cut out the center section of the sides from the second car, and then insert the pieces from the first car into the second car in reverse.  A milling machine should make the cuts precise enough that the pieces could be reassembled without patching or touching up the decos.  The only reason for needing two cars is because you have to account for the width of the cutting bit.  It's double the cost, but you get a car that is fully accurate to the prototype.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale