Author Topic: A Note from Jason at Rapido  (Read 6727 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

train1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 304
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +8
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »
0
I have all 7 cars pre ordered so hearing the news.
I emailed my 'not so local' fav Hobby shop (Credit Valley) and recieved this in response to my N Scale ON Rail Panorama passenger coach question;


Thanks for your message.
 
Rapido is expecting delivery of these cars next Monday, so we should have them in our warehouse later in the week.
 
We will contact you when we have your order ready.
 
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Brace yourself wallet !

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
0
I have all 7 cars pre ordered so hearing the news.
I emailed my 'not so local' fav Hobby shop (Credit Valley) and recieved this in response to my N Scale ON Rail Panorama passenger coach question;


Thanks for your message.
 
Rapido is expecting delivery of these cars next Monday, so we should have them in our warehouse later in the week.
 
We will contact you when we have your order ready.
 
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Brace yourself wallet !

That sucking sound you hear is my bank account slowly being drained.................sigh.....
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 08:41:54 AM »
0
I ran into Jason and Dan Garcia from Rapido at Credit Valley Railways Grand re-opening Sunday; they had their HO FP9A prototype; LRC locomotive and coach and Lounge car - what unreal detail. Jason confirmed that N scale has not been forsaken at Rapido; we will see some announcments in the new year.

It was fun to watch Jason "argue" the finer points of the FP9A with some of the local rail curmudgeons who, by their own admission "know all and see all". They just can't accept that a "young whipper snapper" can know more than they do... and he does !
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 10:14:40 AM »
0
I ran into Jason and Dan Garcia from Rapido at Credit Valley Railways Grand re-opening Sunday; they had their HO FP9A prototype; LRC locomotive and coach and Lounge car - what unreal detail. Jason confirmed that N scale has not been forsaken at Rapido; we will see some announcments in the new year.

It was fun to watch Jason "argue" the finer points of the FP9A with some of the local rail curmudgeons who, by their own admission "know all and see all". They just can't accept that a "young whipper snapper" can know more than they do... and he does !

One thing I've learned about our hobby is that there is always someone who thinks they know more than anyone else about a given topic. And the endless oneupmanship makes me want to puke. This is why I railfan alone, and why I decided not to attend the event, though it would have been nice to meet you, Pud. One heck of a store isn't it? 5000sqft, wow!

You know what they say, "If I wanted you hear an a$$hole speak, I'd fart."

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
0

You know what they say, "If I wanted you hear an a$$hole speak, I'd fart."

Can we nominate this for a Railwire Header Logo? :D
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7454
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
0
Can we nominate this for a Railwire Header Logo? :D

I'm not sure we can come up with an appropriate visual that isn't... well... inappropriate... ;D
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »
0
One thing I've learned about our hobby is that there is always someone who thinks they know more than anyone else about a given topic. And the endless oneupmanship makes me want to puke. This is why I railfan alone, and why I decided not to attend the event, though it would have been nice to meet you, Pud. One heck of a store isn't it? 5000sqft, wow!

You know what they say, "If I wanted you hear an a$$hole speak, I'd fart."

Yes; the "smell slightly like a musty old set of coveralls; shaving optional; gravelly voiced train troll" that; regardless of how outstanding your model is, will; without fail; find something that their limitless store of rail rot can prove isn't correct...even when it it..... they do tend to come out of the section house at public events... must be the opportunity to wine....

The opening was great; 5000 sq ft of nothing but trains is very cool; the clinic rooms and back rooms are nice too. My "littl' puddy" world tour boxcar is in the display cabinet in the front of the store with a display and write up... was fun to be "in the background" with some of the the fellows I know there, watching people react to a car that's gone around the globe...tee hee.....

Jason handles these train trolls with a skilled hand.... most are too dumb to know that they have just been told that they are wrong; because they are still figuring out the 3 sylable words they just heard..... ??? ???
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3529
  • Respect: +391
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
0
If 50% is true that does not mean that it is across the board, evenly spread out in every scale.  With the size of HO they could absorb most if not all of the loss in sales.  Other scales could even grow, but have that growth more than offset by losses in other scales.  Production losses due to manufacturer issues don't imply a reduction in demand.  I would think HO would be ripe for those who are not true modelers to bail out due to the economy.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Packer

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 742
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 07:28:19 PM »
0
I'm not sure we can come up with an appropriate visual that isn't... well... inappropriate... ;D

Would the Walthers logo or that one "10 train mistakes" guy be useable for that, they aren't nessicarily inappropriate?
Vincent

If N scale had good SD40-2s, C30-7s, U30Cs, SD45s, SD40s, and SW10s; I'd be in N scale.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
0
My "littl' puddy" world tour boxcar is in the display cabinet in the front of the store with a display and write up... was fun to be "in the background" with some of the the fellows I know there, watching people react to a car that's gone around the globe...tee hee.....

Yes, I saw lil'Pud a weekend or so ago on my last visit... nice to be in the company of such a celebrity  ;D

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 09:27:01 PM »
0
Quote
I'm not sure we can come up with an appropriate visual that isn't... well... inappropriate


Inappropriate? We're model railroaders here. The line between appropriate and inappropriate is definately somewhere else.  ;D

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 08:23:26 AM »
0

Inappropriate? We're model railroaders here. The line between appropriate and inappropriate is definately somewhere else.  ;D

By jove; I think he's got it............. ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Mr. G

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 202
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: A Note from Jason at Rapido
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 05:27:40 AM »
0
I thought everything looks appropriate from more than a foot away.
Quote from: TiVoPrince
Everything blends.  Just a general rule of model railroading...