0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Sign frames would have disguised the scissor clipped signs . I have no knowledge of the 50's decade sex shops , or if there was such a thing back then . Anybody know ?
Quote from: up1950s on August 28, 2010, 08:40:30 PMSign frames would have disguised the scissor clipped signs . I have no knowledge of the 50's decade sex shops , or if there was such a thing back then . Anybody know ?Those was usually in unremarkable plain stores without the fanfare like you see with today's Adult Store..There would be a small sign on the door that read "Adult Store"..Must be 21 to enter.The 50s was still in the high moral standards era-remember how they wouldn't show Elvis's hips on TV and rock and roll was considered immoral and unfit to listen to?
Quote from: up1950s on August 28, 2010, 08:40:30 PMSign frames would have disguised the scissor clipped signs . I have no knowledge of the 50's decade sex shops , or if there was such a thing back then . Anybody know ?I was just watching "Something Wierd" on Comcast and they had a show on the 1950s sex scene in LA - quite interesting. The area was teaming with public and "private" sex clubs and tons of stripper show places.
Somebody actually bid $32 for that. P. T. Barnum was right.