Author Topic: Looking at the Future  (Read 2324 times)

Jackdaw

Looking at the Future
« on: February 24, 2006, 08:15:53 PM »
I can't be bothered to search the archives to see if someone already posted this  ;D but today I happened across a page spelling out everything a person might want to know about using the floor polish Future for decals and other model making.  It's written from a military model standpoint, but it would all seem to apply to model railroading as well.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

GonzoCRFan

• Crew
  • Respect: +117
Re: Looking at the Future
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 09:05:41 PM »
That is way more than I ever really needed to know about the stuff... :o
Sean

daves

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 11:01:13 AM »
This link is something everyone should read, It has become the main decal base I use.
The decals will be drawn right in and lay flat. The learning curve is short say just 2 cars
and the results are amazing.

Agatheron

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 11:43:55 AM »
I have used this stuff in my military/wargaming models to an amazing effect... I love the stuff, and keep a bottle of it within reach of my workshop table at all times. It does tend to leave a glossy look, but that's easily managed with a shot of dullcote once everything is done. The article is definitely worth a read, and don't hesitate to try experiementing with the stuff too... as a weathering mediium it is excellent... Hopefully I'll get to see it work when I weather my first railcar sometime soon ;)