Author Topic: Newer sound ready Atlas n scale RS11  (Read 458 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Southern1970

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Respect: +48
Newer sound ready Atlas n scale RS11
« on: September 12, 2026, 03:18:03 AM »
0
Hey all,
Has anyone bought one of these sound ready atlas RS11 locomotives?  Seen them available from some online stores.

From a post on FB, it looks like the new RS11 is a vertically split frame, with slide in light board. 
However from the pictures they posted it looks like no wires or phosphor bronze strips - makes me think of GP15 style pickups.
I was wondering if someone has bought one and able to confirm if it still has cut outs for the phosphor bronze strips in the frame covered by the fuel tank. If you could please post a photo to confirm that it would be great.  before I decide to purchase one.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2026, 02:24:41 PM by GaryHinshaw »
Allan

spookshow

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2174
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2468
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Re: Newer sound ready Atlas n scale RS11
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2026, 05:53:51 AM »
0
I reserved one of the sound equipped versions years ago, but those always take months (or years) longer to hit the shelves than do the non-sound versions.

-Mark

Southern1970

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 105
  • Respect: +48
Re: Newer sound ready Atlas n scale RS11
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2026, 04:55:12 AM »
0
I reserved one of the sound equipped versions years ago, but those always take months (or years) longer to hit the shelves than do the non-sound versions.

-Mark

Thanks Mark, they do seem to lag with releases of their sound equiped locomotives. I may have to wait for one of your in depth reviews.
Allan