Author Topic: (HO) NW Ohio Freelance Layout  (Read 624 times)

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +174
Re: (HO) NW Ohio Freelance Layout
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2024, 08:23:21 PM »
+3
I had this week off, so made some good progress on the layout this week.  We finished up the fascia on the lower level and got all of the DCC face plates installed along with the associated holders for the controllers. 

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

We also started on the scenery on the upper level for the Redigas propane distributor.  There are three off loading stands for rail deliveries, but this industry will probably only see one delivery and pick-up per ops session.

We also started working on the parking lot for the Amtrak station.  The pink stuff is lightweight drywall Spackle that will dry white.  Once dry, it'll get sanded, a coat of concrete coloring and then the yellow safety stripes painted.  The rest of the parking load will be weathered asphalt. 

I start an 8-day rotation on Monday, so I'll be out for a while.  I love my job, but hate these longer work rotations.  Much prefer the shorter ones, but I have a 16 day break after it, so I'm okay with this one.... :D

Cheers,
Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742