Author Topic: Broadway's Reading T1 4-8-4  (Read 4933 times)

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
Re: Broadway's Reading T1 4-8-4
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2024, 12:45:17 AM »
I just saw there still is a version with a slightly different livery available through Lowell Smith.

Marc

The T-1 wore 3 different paint schemes during 1975-76 when pulling the Freedom Train

u18b

• Crew
  • Respect: +1762
    • My website
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2024, 12:35:59 PM »
+1
Mark, sorry you had a issue with your T1. I've had that happen to other equipment and it is never desired. I hope Broadway is able to come through for you in terms of parts for repair.

On another note, I have noticed that my T1 runs well but is a little jerky. More at the medium to mainline speeds. I do not have any experience in fine tuning the programming on the Paragon decoders. Does anyone know some tips I can try using JMRI?

I'm no DCC CV expert, but it seems that tweaking is more for slow speed needs.
It's kind of not good in my mind if it's a little jerky at running speed.   Maybe it needs to break in some more?
Ron Bearden
CSX N scale Archivist
http://u18b.com

"All get what they want-- not all like what they get."  Aslan the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis.

nstars

• Crew
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2024, 04:33:01 PM »
+1
A cause for jerky running could be wrong BEMF settings, but that’s indeed something which normally only happens at slow speeds, not not at medium speeds. But it still could be the decoder. I would play around with the motor management settings in CV 112 to 120. Be sure to check the default settings so you can always go back to them.

Marc

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1241
    • Modutrak
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2024, 05:08:55 PM »
Roundy-round testing, so I wasn't there. The weird thing is that my DCC system never registered a short, so when I finally noticed that it wasn't running it was sitting there with the headlight flashing and the entire shell super hot to the touch.

I think I must've messed up getting the pilot truck reinstalled correctly because that's where the derail started.

-Mark

If you toss a quarter on the track at that point, will the system shut down?  If not, size of bus wires may be the issue.