Author Topic: (N-Scale) Broadway Limited E7 - Stealth DCC-ready - which decoder would you buy?  (Read 400 times)

Ngineer

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
Hello,

the new Broadway Limited E7 - Stealth DCC-ready locos (N-Scale) have been announced.

I would like to buy a few of them and put a decoder inside them. But even after reading all information on their website and on spookshow.net, I have no idea what to expect regarding placement and type of decoder. They seem to change that with every new run

Which decoder would you buy? Will they deliver a loco with a six pin plug or a Next 18 plug?

I've even read that for the LED the plus and minus could be inverted. Is that true for Stealth DCC-ready locos, too?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Javier

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4623
    • Coming (not so) soon...
I suspect that many others here have the same questions you have (because the Stealth edition models are still new and probably not many modelers had a chance to buy and examine them).
Some will also likely use them as DC  locos, so  they will not even take the shell off to see what is inside - they will just run them on straight DC.
. . . 42 . . .

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1263
Not taking ease of installation as a parameter, for DCC Sound, I choose ESU Loksound decoders for diesel sound and Soundtraxx Tsunami for steam sound.  IMHO these two are top-of-the-line for DCC sound decoders.

About two days ago, I watched a YouTube video showing what Soundtraxx Tsunami diesel sound decoders will do operationally that no other sound decoder will do...which is causing me to want to give one a try in my next diesel installation.

You won't go wrong with either of these two sound decoders.

As far as what BLI will do with their "Stealth" models, it's anybody's guess at this date.

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore