Author Topic: Best Of The TP56/TP70 Kitbash thread N scale  (Read 93330 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4620
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: The TP56/TP70 Kitbash thread N scale
« Reply #690 on: May 09, 2023, 09:00:03 PM »
Congrats Ron - this kitbash was very cool and entertaining.  8)  Too bad that it took MR 5 years to figure that out.  :D

Congratulations Ron!
Also thanks for the update about the 1:1 locos.
. . . 42 . . .

mmagliaro

• Crew
  • Respect: +1784
    • Maxcow Online
« Reply #691 on: May 15, 2023, 05:49:47 PM »
Much congratulations on the MR article, Ron.  It's a tough nut to crack, especially with intense hands-on craftsman pieces like this.  The fact that they actually ran an article like this makes me want to go pick up a few issues and give them another try.  (I don't know many times I have subscribed when they do an issue that gives me hope, only to let it lapse when their article content drifts off into space, far away from craftsman style work). 

They can sit on an article for years (5, in your case) before somebody there decides it is a "fit" for an issue they are working on.
I often wonder how it is that they even manage to find a piece and fit it into the "current issue" when it's been sitting in their files for years.

Anyway, more to the thread topic: beautiful work, as always, Ron.  I have been following along quietly.

mmagliaro

• Crew
  • Respect: +1784
    • Maxcow Online
« Reply #692 on: July 15, 2023, 02:49:05 AM »
I know I'm late to the party on this, but I saw a copy of the June MR with Ron's TP56 article in it, so I bought it.
I must say, it's even better than I expected (and I expected it to be good).
The whole prototype backstory, plus a nice scale drawing, and some really good photos, on top of all the usual
highly-explained step-by-step we have all come to expect from Ron's work here on Railwire, are all presented
in the magazine very thoroughly.  I'm glad MR didn't skimp on details or page space with this.
And once again, Ron, congratulations on a beautiful piece of work and article.