Author Topic: 3D Printing Technology Opinions & Comments...  (Read 1300 times)

Hawghead

• Crew
  • Respect: +324
Re: 3D Printing Technology Opinions & Comments...
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2023, 05:15:27 PM »
I've talked about your problem to a few people who should know what just about any printing problems cause was, and they all agree they've never seen or heard of anything like what you're experiencing.  Since this happened since your very first print, and that you've replaced both things (LCD & FEP) that should normally be causing the problem, I would venture a guess that it's the MoBo.

IMHO Phrozen should be willing to send you a new one at no cost, since the logical conclusion is that it's the problem, along with new cables too just in case.

If I were them, I'd be right on this problem, because losing a customer wouldn't be in the works for me.

In any case, there are other choices now, which is good, but you really shouldn't have to spend any more to get this problem solved.

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore

Additionally I would think it's in their best interest to find the cause.  If it is the mother board, then they know what to tell others that may have the same problem in the future and if there are others they may need to look into the design and/or QA of their mother boards.

Scott
There's a prototype for everything.
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.
DCC is not plug-n-play.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5518
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2023, 05:23:32 PM »
I do not think they have motherboards to give or sell me.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5518
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2023, 04:54:34 PM »
I just watched a little live stream thing on the upcoming Sonic Mini 8Ks and someone asked what parts interchange with the 8K. They said the screen is different. So a whole new 22 micron screen.

GGNInNScale

• Crew
  • GGNinNScale
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2023, 01:40:28 PM »
Hi  I found that putting a strip of magic mending tape along the edges of the protective screen stops (well, slows) the resin from creeping in under the seal between the frame top and the protective sheet.  I just replace the tape (usually only on the front) before a print.  The resin is pretty aggressive toward adhesives.