Author Topic: JTC Hino XL Series Day Cab Semi Tractor  (Read 2035 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4882
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: JTC Hino XL Series Day Cab Semi Tractor
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2023, 08:01:13 AM »
I took another look at the pre-production photos, and while most of the model is very well executed, there is one glaring mistake: the shape of the rear rims is wrong.  They are too shallow.  Most other models (like the Trainworx T800 showin in a photo in an earlier post) have the rims properly modeled.  In my last comment I  was so focused on the thick "glass" that I didn't notice. But i  recently saw that photo in the NSE Magazine, and the rear rims just jumped out at me. 

It is like they were designed and approved by someone who does not understand truck wheel design.  I'm no expert and I noticed it. One could argue that those rims depict streamlined  wheel covers some trucks have, but those look different.  Not only they are flush with the outside of the rim, they are featureless (since they are used for streamlining). I'm surprised no one else pointed this out yet.

I hope that JTC @JaxTerminal  recognizes this error, and has it corrected before full production.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 11:20:47 AM by peteski »
. . . 42 . . .

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +273
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2023, 10:00:24 PM »
+2
I'll still buy entirely too many. Not a big deal in my view.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4882
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2023, 12:08:04 AM »
I'll still buy entirely too many. Not a big deal in my view.

I'm not surprised that some will not be bothered by this. My point is why do all the research and CAD design and get such a simple basic thing wrong. Other manufacturers render those dual wheels correctly.   If you don't sweat the small stuff  . . .
. . . 42 . . .