Author Topic: Found a dead Critter on an industrial siding  (Read 2252 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4594
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Found a dead Critter on an industrial siding
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 02:20:21 PM »
Yes, sigpolo, it is on ex B&M trackage.  I'm not sure I'll be able to get down there to take any closer photos.  Maybe in the early spring.
. . . 42 . . .

sigpolo

• Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 09:51:56 AM »
Thanks, looking forward!
I hope you will have the opportunity for a return visit! A visit to a site is, for me, what I like to call railway archaeology, the digging for pieces to add to the great puzzle of railway history!  :)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4594
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2023, 03:29:01 PM »
Thanks, looking forward!
I hope you will have the opportunity for a return visit! A visit to a site is, for me, what I like to call railway archaeology, the digging for pieces to add to the great puzzle of railway history!  :)

I do drive by that industrial area about twice a week, but I just didn't want to deal with the cold weather.  But I did pull in and visited the area yesterday, and unfortunately I have a bad news:  The "critter" is gone!   Since I have not visited there since I took those photos in 2020, I don't know when it was removed, or where it was relocated.
. . . 42 . . .

sigpolo

• Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 09:30:48 AM »
An excellent effort, thanks a lot!

Thus passes the glory of the world! Well, nothing is forever. There are not very many "critters" left in the world. Built end of the 50-ties to the end of the 1960-ties. Most of them are scrapped, I think that is better instead of having them to rust on a siding!

Only a few are preserved! I Britain there are three. No one in original condition. One location is this place https://traincabs.co.uk/the-cabs/ which to me is a peculiar place for saving (parts) rolling stock. Further down on that page you find a Neptune 50002 arriving to that location.
My search continues!