Author Topic: Source for Ultra-Fine Tulle Fabric - Chain Link Fences in N Scale  (Read 649 times)

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
Does anyone know of a reliable source for ultra-fine tullle fabric? I'm trying to make chain link fences in N scale. My local Jo-Ann Fabrics has tulle, but the mesh is way too big for N scale (it might work for O or HO though). I once had a local craft store that had the perfect size but I never got to buy any there, and they closed down for good a couple years ago. The problem with searching for these things online is that you don't have a good idea of how fine the mesh will be from a photograph.
Under the streets of Los Angeles

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
Re: Source for Ultra-Fine Tulle Fabric - Chain Link Fences in N Scale
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 04:27:18 PM »
I just went thru this myself.  It's a pure hit-or-miss, I ended up having to spend the time to root thru the stuff at the local JoAnns like a chimp looking for termites..... I was lucky to find something that might work, but haven't gotten to build anything yet.

If there is a way to order a specific product on line, I would love to know what it is.

Ed

wvgca

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 04:28:19 PM »
i just got mine from walmart ... though it was used on an HO layout .....i know they had finer sizes which i didn't buy ..

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 03:20:03 PM »
Just ordered some of this.  It's impossible to tell from the pics, but will just have to see what it looks like when it arrived.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFPGKYS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Ed

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +564
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 06:08:46 PM »
Please post an analysis of the scale thread spacing when you get it.