Author Topic: Missouri Pacific Eagle  (Read 6423 times)

DRGW5349

• Respect: +5
Re: Missouri Pacific Eagle
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2023, 05:24:07 PM »
See the most excellent J. David Ingles Collection of MP/TP photos.
https://www.lakestatesarchive.org/J-David-Ingles-Collection/Passenger-Cars/MPTP/

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +384
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2023, 08:01:19 PM »
The links suggested will all be of help, thanks to all!
The Lakes States photos will especially be useful.
Charlie Vlk

squirrelhunter

• Crew
  • Respect: +165
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2023, 10:43:19 PM »
+5
Reviving this thread:

This is a Walthers coach with a MTL balloon roof sanded smooth and MP Scale models 3D printed "Texas Roof" roof ends. This car is a decent approximation of the MP heavyweight coaches rebuilt with welded sides an sealed windowns, the chief issue is all but 4 of the rebuilt cars had vestibules on both ends.

Here's the fully painted version. I used Tamiya TS-32 Hqze Gray on the roof.

Finally I got one of Lowell Smith's new MP coaches
 There are very close to a group of ex Maine Central PS fluted coaches MP picked up around 1960-62. I repainted the roof with Tamiya Haze Gray as well.

Sokramiketes, have you had any luck on getting decals made? I'd definitely be in for a set, the rebuilt heavyweights really should say "Missouri Pacific Lines" in the upper blue stripe.

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1241
    • Modutrak
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2023, 01:42:11 PM »
RIP Charlie Vlk.  He died before he finished the artwork.  So, no progress on that front.

Thanks for the heads up on the MP Scale roof ends, those are neat.

And yes, I shared my colors with Lowell, and shipped cars over to him at his request for color matching.  He had samples, and then said on one of his shows that he shifted the colors by one value darker (roof) and lighter (window band).

Well, they didn't come out great.  I'll be repainting the roofs, and probably the gray window band.  Lowell's darker roof turned into a greenish dark gray like the old Floquil UP Harbor Mist gray.  It clashes with the MP colors...

chessie system fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +443
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2023, 03:09:55 PM »
This reminds me that I need to finish designing my 14-4 passenger car.  I've done the B&O version.  MP would just need different skirts plus rivets.

And I need to finish that quad door baggage car, too...
Aaron Bearden

squirrelhunter

• Crew
  • Respect: +165
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2023, 12:52:44 PM »
Sokramiketes, sorry to head that, I didn't realize he was the one working on the lettering for you.

I agree, the MP roof gray has more of a bluish tint, that's why I went with the Tamiya haze gray. The color Lowell (and Walthers) used has more of a greenish/yellowish tint to it.