Author Topic: suggestion for a sticky  (Read 897 times)

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
suggestion for a sticky
« on: July 25, 2022, 05:08:41 PM »
It's always been a thing, we are seeing more of it...folks asking questions or comments about a mfgs product on forums.  How about reminding folks to contact us first before setting off unnecessary stink bombs on the forum?  I got a number of emails this weekend alerting me to questions about MTL on line, all pretty straight forward but it gave the trolls a few extra minutes to make something out of nothing.  Anyone familiar with threads here know they can be continental in drift from the original post :D.  Just askin.  I know I probably miss a ton of them and if I can take care of what the person needs, information, plastic, moderator's home address...:) 

Thanks

Joe

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Rivet Miscounter

• Crew
Re: suggestion for a sticky
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 05:56:30 PM »
What is the best way to contact MTL?

I've used various e-mails and also Facebook messenger with varying levels of success.  I generally give MTL high marks...when you can connect with someone, the response is usually very helpful.   But sometimes it's crickets.

I think part of the reason for posting in a forum first is you get much better response times if you have a common problem that can be easily fixed.   Of course, you wouldn't know that it's easily fixed until after you post.  And that's assuming you're genuinely trying to solve your problem versus starting a witch hunt.
Doug

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 06:24:15 PM »
What is the best way to contact MTL?

I've used various e-mails and also Facebook messenger with varying levels of success.  I generally give MTL high marks...when you can connect with someone, the response is usually very helpful.   But sometimes it's crickets.

I think part of the reason for posting in a forum first is you get much better response times if you have a common problem that can be easily fixed.   Of course, you wouldn't know that it's easily fixed until after you post.  And that's assuming you're genuinely trying to solve your problem versus starting a witch hunt.

Joe@micro-trains.com

Many leave the hyphen off and get upset because we don't get the email....important little doohickey. 
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Spades

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 01:01:49 PM »
Anyone familiar with threads here know they can be continental in drift from the original post :D.  Just askin. 

Thanks

Joe
Joe

I don't know if you can speak to this issue. Sometimes a manufacturer will release despite their best effort, a model that has issues.  ExactRail flat couplers mounting, Tangents hopper come to mind.  To fix the the item for day to day running sometimes requires altering the model. 

As a member of the vast model railroading industrial complex, I don't know if you can speak to this issue. Why doesn't the manufacturer post a fix?

Is it liability, or more harm than good? A question of do we all perceive written instructions the same?  Is it some people only survived due to the fact that they have never been allowed to wield a sharp object?   

Maletrain

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 07:21:35 PM »
OK, Joe, I hear you, and have put your e-mail address in my contacts list.

Now you just need to hope that I don't remember to send you a monthly e-mail asking about that baggage/coach combine.  :P