Author Topic: Photon Mono X for $379?  (Read 490 times)

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Photon Mono X for $379?
« on: August 03, 2022, 12:32:34 PM »
I've been looking to get a newer resin machine just to stay with the times and for something with dual rails.  They have some good sales at Anycubic right now for many of their machines.

Is the Mono X worth $379 right now with some newer machines coming out?

Thanks,

Jason

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
Re: Photon Mono X for $379?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 01:01:15 PM »
I think my first OG Photon was $515 so... yeah buy it.

Every time I recommend a printer to someone I find that in the last few weeks there has been some newer better printer.

AlwaysSolutions

• Crew
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 01:56:19 PM »
+1
Yes - good price and a good machine compared to earlier resin printers.  I think I bought mine for 575 last year and mine has been a reliable workhorse.  The thing with these printers is that there's always a better one for more money or a better printer coming soon.  You can't keep up unless you have money to spend all the time ( I gave up trying to keep up to have the best which is why I have five printers when I only need two )

Erock482

• Crew
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 09:30:42 PM »
The Mono X is an excellent choice at that price point.

I know for me if I were getting another Mono X size unit I'd be looking for one with smaller pixels, the new M3 Plus is about the same size as the Mono X, and has smaller pixels (.35 vs .47 I belive) but at nearly double the cost.

My Mono X has been fantastic, and if it werent for further improvements, I'd probably buy another one especially at 379

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 10:45:34 PM »

I know for me if I were getting another Mono X size unit I'd be looking for one with smaller pixels, the new M3 Plus is about the same size as the Mono X, and has smaller pixels (.35 vs .47 I belive) but at nearly double the cost.

A Sonic Mini 8K is about the same price with .22 micron pixels. https://phrozen3d.com/products/phrozen-sonic-mini-8k-resin-3d-printer

JeffB

• Crew
  • Respect: +161
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 07:13:43 AM »
Yes - good price and a good machine compared to earlier resin printers.  I think I bought mine for 575 last year and mine has been a reliable workhorse.  The thing with these printers is that there's always a better one for more money or a better printer coming soon.  You can't keep up unless you have money to spend all the time ( I gave up trying to keep up to have the best which is why I have five printers when I only need two )

Yup...  I'm almost as bad.  I now have 3 printers and only need one.   To make matters worse, I often buy the newest printer, then it sits there unused until the next "latest and greatest" comes out.  My newest printer is a Sonic Mini-8K and I've had it since June.  Up until a few days ago, it was still in the front hallway, unopened.  At least now it is in my workshop, still unopened, but at least it's near its final point of use!

Playing the have the "latest and greatest" game with 3D printers is much like doing the same with computers or a lot of other electronics.  It may be the best, but it doesn't last long.  Most often, something better is just a few months away, if not less.

JB