Author Topic: Can't Get Into Atlas' Website  (Read 1190 times)

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
Re: Can't Get Into Atlas' Website
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2022, 12:34:21 PM »
Suggest you send the screenshot to Atlas for them to take up with their developer/host.

I am quite sure this is a server load issue as I often see it when I click on an email announcement right after it comes - but goes away in an hour.

We have a client with a 50,000 name Mailchimp list and when then send a mail promo out you get 5000 inbound connections in the next 4-5 minutes.

Huge, sudden floods of connections are. often mistaken for denial of service attacks and all sort of crazy errors not pointing at the root issue can get thrown...

« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 12:42:59 PM by ljudice »

mecgp7

• Crew
  • Respect: +270
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2022, 06:06:15 PM »
Depends on what you're looking for.  The favorite place for me are the Atlas Archives.  You can look up pretty much any locomotive/car announced in the 2000's.  Just go to http://www.atlasrr.com and the menu across the top choose "Production --> Archive".  Then on the page you go to see the menu across the top there and choose "N Scale" and the sub category you want.  There you will find listings of the various locomotives and cars Atlas has announced over the years.

If you want parts, then on the home page you look under the "N-Scale" (or whatever scale you want parts for) menu and there are options for both "Parts" and "Parts Diagrams".
Thanks, but that wasn't what I meant. There was mention of an Atlas announcement regarding hard to find items. I was wondering where to see them.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2022, 07:12:56 PM »
Thanks, but that wasn't what I meant. There was mention of an Atlas announcement regarding hard to find items. I was wondering where to see them.
I'm assuming that the "hard to find items" are the "Archive Sale"

https://shop.atlasrr.com/d-115-sales-and-specials.aspx

To find it the long way round, go to the Atlasrr.com homepage, locate the button for "Information", click that and it takes you to a list, on which you can find "sales and specials".
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.