Author Topic: ATSF doodlebugs M-115, M-150, M-130/175/184 classes from ATSF N Scale Models  (Read 2410 times)

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
  • Respect: +288
3D prints (shell and underbody details) with stainless steel etched details parts on a modified Tomytec chassis (2 different types), DC or DCC (sound possible).
Full description, building instructions and many more pictures om my website: www.atsfnscalemodels.com
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 01:38:54 AM by Dirk Jan Blikkendaal »
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

GhengisKong

• Crew
  • Respect: +84
Any plans for an M-160 like the one in Dallas/Frisco, TX?

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +291
Why can't you be 'into' Southern Pacific?
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
Beautiful work...
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
Stunning. As usual, Dirk.

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
thanks to all....
regarding M-160: I might, but first these models...... also looking at M-190 (I have a good solution for the drivetrain)......
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

robertjohndavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +7
I hadn’t seen your work before this. Wow! You are a truly modern craftsman. Love it.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
I hadn’t seen your work before this. Wow! You are a truly modern craftsman. Love it.
The best part is that he produces kits of his best work for the rest of us, so we can all have one. Also lots of other useful info on his website.
atsfnscalemodels.com

Also worthwhile noting that the current dollar-euro exchange rate is the most favorable in many years for US customers.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 12:24:21 PM by thomasjmdavis »
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
Thanks Tom,

The currency situation is indeed worth mentioning as an added advantage........ more then 10% better than a year ago....... 1 Euro is 1 USD at mom.....

All the best, Dirk
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
I took my own advice, and just sent in an order for a few kits.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
Beautiful. You continue to amaze me, Dirk!
Otto

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
Dirk, I have the old Bachmann doodlebug. Could it be modified and used for the chassis? It's not a great runner, but still...
Thanks, Otto

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
Hi Otto,

I cannot say for sure...... I had a Bachmann doodlebug once ....... built M-183 by splicing 2 shells..... threw away the chassis and built a modified Tomytec drive for that one as well.
Main problem is the inside width...... 16,5 mm for the Bachmann and 15,5 for my models. Also the trucks on the Bachmann are equal ....front and rear..... prototype had a longer wheelbase front truck.
The stock Bachmann chassis is also too short but that can be lengthened without too much hassle I guess.
All in all I expect you can adapt the Bachmann with some filing and cutting but its probably easier to buy the 2 Tomytec chassis...the Bachmann is metal and the Tomytecs are plastic..... last ones much easier to adapt..
I saw them on eBay from $ 30-35 and up with postage from $ 5 and up....... from Japan, but they always delivered and you are protected against non-delivery by eBay anyway. 

Good luck and regards, Dirk
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
Re: ATSF doodlebugs PAINTED / DECALLED
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2022, 05:27:36 AM »
+12
Finally some pictures of finished models....... M-123, M-155 and M-180.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

atsf_arizona

• Crew
  • Respect: +85
    • My PBase Photo album where my Model RR pictures are
thanks to all....
... also looking at M-190 (I have a good solution for the drivetrain)......

Dirk, fantastic models, as always.  Thx for all you do to share your ATSF modeling with us!

I am fortunate enough to have the Hallmark M-190 N scale models ( http://www.spookshow.net/loco/m190.html ),
If you need some measurements or other closeup photo shots of those models for any assistance you need on a M-190 project, feel free to ask me and I am happy to help.  :)
John Sing
Venice, FL
http://pbase.com/atsf_arizona
https://web.archive.org/web/20151002184727/home.comcast.net/~j.sing/
========
Modeling the Santa Fe's Peavine Line (Ash Fork -> Phoenix, Arizona) during the 50s and 60s