Author Topic: KATOUSA WEB SITE  (Read 2753 times)

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
Re: KATOUSA WEB SITE
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2022, 05:54:20 PM »
+1
I would say most auto mfgs websites are way to flashy. Most use some sort of sped up scrolling that just pisses me off. Often you can't even tell what page you are on.

And sites like Flicker that keep loading more the more you scroll. You have no idea where you're at on the page. Sometimes the constant loading is slow and makes me think I've reached the end of the page so I leave.

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +563
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2022, 09:11:46 PM »
My major complaint with Android is that it keeps loading ads in the middle of what I am trying to read, so I must keep trying to find where I was before it all jumped.  Many times it is off-screen, and I don't even know if I need to scroll forward of backward to keep reading.  What is really annoying is that often it is the same ad being inserted multiple times along the path I am tying to read.

That usually happens in "news" stories.  Vendors' web sites usually don't get 3rd party interruptions like that.  But, it seems to have become the "norm" for screen junkies, and web sites tend to forget that this is annoying.

Even just trying to use eBay, I often have windows popping open when I try to move my cursor to something I want to see, and those windows then obscure what I want to click on.  In contrast, I often click on navigational things that don't respond right away.  It seems like the coders are doing their best to make me see what their masters tell them they want me to see, much more than empowering me to directly find what I am looking for.  The hair triggers are on the junk, while the intended cursor targets need to be tried more than once to get actions.   :RUEffinKiddingMe:

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2022, 09:26:58 PM »
On Android I open as a desktop site. Just too bad there is no setting to keep it that way.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8034
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2022, 12:07:05 PM »
My major complaint with Android is that it keeps loading ads in the middle of what I am trying to read, so I must keep trying to find where I was before it all jumped.  Many times it is off-screen, and I don't even know if I need to scroll forward of backward to keep reading.  What is really annoying is that often it is the same ad being inserted multiple times along the path I am tying to read.

I HATE that!

It's a thing I give developers a hard time about frequently. Basically, because the paradigm of loading pages has changed: pages now are rendered "on the fly", which means that quite a bit of stuff continues to happen after content starts being viewed.

It's typically all supposed to happen at the same time, but often doesn't, and shitty user experiences are the result.

I've found HomeDepot.com to be the MOST annoying example I run across regularly.

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2022, 02:10:40 PM »
There are certain times when the Home Depot site will not work at all, but other times it is fine.

I also see now on TV they want you to use your phone like a GPS inside the store  :-X

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8034
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2022, 04:09:48 PM »
There are certain times when the Home Depot site will not work at all, but other times it is fine.

I also see now on TV they want you to use your phone like a GPS inside the store  :-X

There are actually benefits to that. If they get it right.

If you're concerned about privacy, they probably already do.

https://socialwifi.com/knowledge-base/analytics/customer-traffic-heat-maps-based-mobile-wifi-devices/

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +993
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2022, 04:18:12 PM »
One think I know (from experience) that Home Depot does - if you are in a store and look up a price on your phone, it will default to showing you the prices in that store, unless you deliberately select another store location.   Home Depot prices can vary even within the same city.
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2022, 04:37:50 PM »
I know they track you, but it is very rare for me to have wifi turned on.