Author Topic: Tony's Train Exchange?  (Read 916 times)

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
Tony's Train Exchange?
« on: April 05, 2022, 03:09:02 AM »
Anyone here dealt with Tony's Train Exchange? They have a couple DCC-related items in stock that other stores don't - at least where I can purchase them together - one an ESU LokSound Nano decoder and another a pack of heat shrink tubing in my desired sizes. When I go and order my only shipping choice is a $14.82 "fixed" shipping charge (the only other choice is an in-store pickup, which is not an option since I live on the other side of the country). Kind of pricey for a couple of small, light items that could safely be transported in a small, padded envelope, but okay, whatever.

Then before my final order page, the shipping cost shows up as $29.64. WHOA! Am I really being charged $14.82 PER ITEM?!?! I put a halt to the order right then and there.

Is this an error, or is that how Tony's Train Exchange really charges for shipping? Because that's really ridiculous.
Under the streets of Los Angeles

Wolf N Works

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
Re: Tony's Train Exchange?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 07:27:37 AM »
+2
I have never had the greatest luck with Tony's.  I would check with Bryan at https://store.sbs4dcc.com/ he always takes care of the customer and usually has what is needed. Just a thought

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +561
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 12:32:46 PM »
+1
I just ordered 2 items from Tony's (Digitrax UR93 and LNWI) on my computer, and the shipping was $14.61 total for both.  They came in the same package.

If your browser is doubling the shipping, I suggest that you call them on  800-978-3472 and ask them what is not working right for you on the shipping.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 12:41:31 PM »
I ordered one item awhile back and it went very smoothly.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

MetroRedLine

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 03:16:36 PM »
I have never had the greatest luck with Tony's.  I would check with Bryan at https://store.sbs4dcc.com/ he always takes care of the customer and usually has what is needed. Just a thought

One of the items is not in stock at SBS though.

MetroRedLine

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 06:52:13 PM »
+1
I just ordered 2 items from Tony's (Digitrax UR93 and LNWI) on my computer, and the shipping was $14.61 total for both.  They came in the same package.

If your browser is doubling the shipping, I suggest that you call them on  800-978-3472 and ask them what is not working right for you on the shipping.

Thanks for confirming that. I logged out and logged back in and re-did the submit order and now was only charged shipping for all items together.