Author Topic: New member trying to join, but unable?  (Read 577 times)

learmoia

• Crew
New member trying to join, but unable?
« on: November 21, 2022, 08:11:28 AM »
Greetings,

I / We (Caboose Stop Hobbies) has a customer who is trying to join, and they get an email that an Admin will contact them to let them know if they are approved  and they never get an email.  His name is Tyler and goes by Montana and Wyoming.

Below is his message to me asking for help.
"I read the railwire forums and for whatever reason over many months I have tried to sign up. But it sends me a email or message and says the administrator will be contacted to let you know if you are approved for membership. Is it that exclusive of club? Yes all the famous n scalers are there, I guess and I noticed off chance that you are member can you help in any way. I don’t know how to contact an administrator because I don’t have their email address but I have your email address. So maybe you know who the administrator is. I try to signup under this email and Montana & Wyoming handle. It never lets me. I think I can bring a lot of knowledge to this advanced n scale forum. Old and new. I got a lot of n scale in my hoard. I want to show and tell and help like anyone else is doing there. "

Thoughts on what is going on?

~Ian
~Ian

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: New member trying to join, but unable?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 09:21:33 AM »
I'm surprised at the tone of his email to you.  He has been a member since November 12 (now is the 21st), and when you view the forum's main page, it shows him as the newest member.   Has he tried to login yet?
His profile is: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=6715 and it shows that he has not yet logged in.

. . . 42 . . .

learmoia

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 12:55:25 PM »
Thanks, I'll give him that info...
~Ian

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 01:40:26 PM »
Thanks, I'll give him that info...

He should probably check his spam folder -- since the acceptance email comes from the admin account