Author Topic: DuckDuckGo  (Read 830 times)

CBQ Fan

• Crew
DuckDuckGo
« on: March 06, 2022, 08:47:46 AM »
It is odd, I use DDG and have for several years now. In the past couple of days I can only read topics. If I try to reply or create a post it tells me “the board specified doesn’t exist”. I can quote someone and that will work. Very odd. I have to use Safari if I want full access.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
Re: DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 09:21:22 AM »
I had the same problem.  I started using DuckDuckGo a few months ago at the recommendation of some fellow :ashat:'s, but I've gone back to Safari, because of that issue and some other idiosyncrasies that didn't work for me.

DFF
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 11:35:52 AM by davefoxx »

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Maletrain

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 10:33:52 AM »
Strange.  For a while, my Chrome browser just showed me an endlessly repeating blue circle if I just opened Chrome, cold.  But, it would work if I clicked on a desktop shortcut (actually made by Internet Explorer) for something like TRW.  But, trying to then open a new tab got me the circling blue sign of infinite waiting, anyway.

So, I quickly switched to DuckDuckGo, and that worked fine for me while Chrome was out-of-commission.  Then Chrome would come back the next time I used the computer, or maybe the time after that.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 01:44:25 PM »
I only use ddg for search ..it's very strict on allowing execution of code in the browser ..  i stick with firefox for browsing

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 03:00:34 PM »
I only use ddg for search ..it's very strict on allowing execution of code in the browser ..  i stick with firefox for browsing

Same, on Windows machines.  I still use Safari for the Browser and DDG as my search on Apple products.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 04:25:28 PM »
It looks like I am going to have to do the same, DG for searching only.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 05:09:41 PM »
I use DDG as a search engine. I did not even know there was a DDG browser. I have been happily using SeaMonkey browser for many years.
. . . 42 . . .

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 05:22:11 PM »
For about a month now every time I open up Chrome it take a minute to start up. I'm sure it is something with all my extensions and I'm not removing any of them. 

Mike C

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 06:25:19 PM »
Been using DDG brouser for at least 6 months now with no problems . Just got a new Dell with Windoze 11 and DDG works great with it too .....Mike

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 06:29:26 PM »
I can see my app just updated 2 days ago. Just when the issue started.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 06:31:22 PM »
I use DDG as a search engine. I did not even know there was a DDG browser. I have been happily using SeaMonkey browser for many years.

DDG has an app for cell phones -- it blocks a lot of the crap they want to put in the middle of stories