Author Topic: Weekend Update 2/13/22  (Read 9361 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6187
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 09:44:47 PM »
+21
Ready for paint.


Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Brian M

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 239
  • Respect: +287
    • Hudson Valley Lines
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 11:04:55 PM »
+14
I've been slowly making progress on getting about 5 feet worth of double track mainline wired up, spaced out correctly, super-elevated, and glued down.  I guess progress is progress, no matter the speed, especially when your spouse contracts Covid and takes a couple of weeks to recover.



More over on my build thread: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=43622.60

-Brian.

C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11423
  • Respect: +2887
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 11:14:53 PM »
0
I've been slowly making progress on getting about 5 feet worth of double track mainline wired up, spaced out correctly, super-elevated, and glued down. ...

Nice curves! Looks great.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 03:06:34 AM »
+2
I primed my Baldwin Westinghouse stand in for Pacific Electric 1624....hoping to shoot it in the afternoon

mandealco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 302
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +436
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 03:31:05 AM »
+18
Hi
Morristown & Erie C-424 #19 is coming together on my workbench.  Mostly Atlas C-628 parts on a Life-Like chassis.  The model was undercoated white first, then a black wash was used for pre-shading which helps to produce a more weathered look and brings out the small details.  The red is then applied in several shades, darker red from a low angle and lighter red from a higher angle.  Plus a couple of extra coats when I got the colour wrong.  The red is also a slightly faded version of the imron red that was originally used on the real ones.  I love the result, though the photo doesn't show it well. 
Have a great weekend everyone, happy modelling.
Cheers
Steve




altohorn25

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 958
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4523
    • Mini Mod u Trak
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 08:30:05 AM »
+9
Well.....so much for getting started on painting this weekend. Modelflex L&N blue is not NEARLY dark enough (even after I added black to it....). I ordered some B&O blue which should do the trick, but now I have to wait until it gets here......

Have lots of donor cars to strip and repaint into L&N blue for the "Pan American," kind of a cool train with a nice mix of lightweight and heavyweight cars.

I also won an E6 on ebay already painted for L&N. It needs some work, but will look good with the E8 I already have done. I'll mount it on a kato mechanism as I did with the E8. It will be close to the photo once I get done with it. I should add the larger numberboards, but I'll have to look at it once it arrives to see if that's feasible without destroying the factory paint.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Nate Pierce
Modutrak - Wisconsin Division
www.modutrak.com

PiperguyUMD

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 856
  • Respect: +2258
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 11:06:18 AM »
+3
Virtual work for me this week. I'm playing with the orchestra in Augusta GA this weekend, so I've been picking away at my WM K2 boiler. I'm having to make some concessions so that this shell will fit the BLI Pacific. I was able to find photo type drawings for a few pieces, but everything else is eyeballing. I'm getting close to the point of making a test print to make sure all the mounting points line up.




apudelek

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 96
  • SPF with just a bit of NH...
  • Respect: +284
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 11:47:20 AM »
+7
Cool project, Nate!  I love that Pan-American.  I'm getting a couple of the RailSmith L&N 10-6 sleepers for my PRR Cincinnati Limited as the through cars from NY.

I placed the herald plates on my NH sleeper this morning.  Decaling tomorrow during the Super Bowl perhaps...

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]


Andrew

The Gotham Union Terminal Co.

Modeling the Passenger Operations of the PRR & NH in Electrified Territory

Doc Frankenfield

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 119
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +21
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 12:47:54 PM »
+5
finishing up details and couplers on the ABA set, Kato F7 EL
the single undecorated shell was found at a show in MD , did a quick paint job on it... ( the back story to explain the bad striping is that the engine had a slight collision and the shop painter knew it was going to NJ transit or Amtrak so quick and dirty)
the coupler mounts are a very serious issue to me, it seems that KATO could have come up with a better way of doing things.
five trys to put the coupler back in as it fell apart each time... now designing and casting a new insert that will hopefully make things easier.

Doc Frankenfield

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 119
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +21
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 12:50:30 PM »
+4
the set of EL

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26099
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11584
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 02:01:06 PM »
+1
the set of EL

They're missing at least one plywood side panel.

Erik W

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1019
  • Respect: +796
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 03:19:51 PM »
+6
Only one photo for this week's update.  I'm about halfway done with the weathering process on my HOn3 D&RGW Jordan Spreader OU.  I should be completely done with the model by next weekend.  So rather than showing it half weathered, I'll post the finished photos next week along with an explanation of the weathering techniques I used.  That said,  since updates are more interesting with photos, here are the painted and weathered bits and pieces that will be on the spreader deck.  The 2 scratch built re-railers were painted black, then the edges were dry brushed white, and then Bragdon Weathering Powders dark rust was used brushed on dry.  The look I was going for was surface rust on parts made of cast iron.  The chain was blackened by me, and then brushed with rust weathering powder, and the sledge hammer, shovel and pieces of wood were given a thin gray wash.



Erik

randgust

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3254
  • Respect: +2945
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 07:18:13 PM »
+9
The backshop has been back wide-open since Christmas, here's what got done this week for custom builds of my kits for customers:

Another WWII Whitcomb:



And the 'pair' of Nittany & Bald Eagle CF7's, with decals from Circus City





REALLY glad to see Atlas rerunning the GP7's and that's helped for the future of these.

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5865
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4862
Re: Weekend Update 2/13/22
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2022, 09:21:22 PM »
+7
This is from Ken Kime's O Scale Western Maryland Dutch Line layout.  We've recently added another helper in the scenery department and he's knocking things out of the park !