Author Topic: "Ragg's...To Riches?" Going out of business...get it while you can!  (Read 826 times)

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
A manufacturer of amazing depots, mine structures, and warehouses from the narrow gauge country (mostly RGS) in HO, S, and O is going out of business:

http://raggstoriches.biz/

Joe Fuss of Ragg's...to Riches? is going to retire soon and so he's not planning to continue his awesome line of kits. Better get 'em while you can! I just ordered a Placerville warehouse in HO.

I can't say enough about how amazing these kits are. I'm really bummed they won't be part of the narrow gauge scene anymore. They directions come in a spiral-bound book and the parts are all numbered exactly sequentially to ensure a perfect build every time. Kits come with a plywood core and you build them up in layers. So far I've built his Placerville depot and his Ridgway depot and I'm really happy with how they came out. Just ordered the Placerville warehouse kit.

Best shingles in the business too!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 11:11:16 AM by Dave V »

Hawghead

• Crew
  • Respect: +323
Re: "Ragg's...To Riches?" Going out of business...get it while you can!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 02:38:35 PM »
Well that sucks.  I was hoping I could get him thinking about re-releasing his Dolores depot in HO.  I just ordered his new Dolores Conoco kit.  I hope he ships those before he retires.  I don't see anything on the website about him throwing in the towel.  Woops, didn't scroll down far enough.

Scott
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:42:03 PM by Hawghead »
There's a prototype for everything.
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.
DCC is not plug-n-play.

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
Re: "Ragg's...To Riches?" Going out of business...get it while you can!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 11:05:13 PM »
Well that sucks.  I was hoping I could get him thinking about re-releasing his Dolores depot in HO.  I just ordered his new Dolores Conoco kit.  I hope he ships those before he retires.  I don't see anything on the website about him throwing in the towel.  Woops, didn't scroll down far enough.

Scott

You might be able to twist his arm to cut you one anyway. He's pretty accommodating like that.