Author Topic: THINGIVERSE BREACH  (Read 2152 times)

Sumner

• Crew
  • Respect: +304
    • My Home Pages....
Re: THINGIVERSE BREACH
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 07:56:01 PM »
+1
...I just tried to change the dates and you can only choose a day in the month..............

Click on any of the day, month, year fields and you can delete what is there and put in any day, month, year you want.  Of course again the question is are the results correct?

............ What exactly is a "collect"?   

I've only used it a couple times but let's say you like an object and might want to download in the future.  You can collect it.  You don't download it.  You put it in a collection where it is easy to get back to.  Like saving a 'favorite' and 'bookmarking it'.  At least that seems to be what it is for.

Sumner

Working in N Scale ---Modeling UP from late 40's to early 70's very loosely......

Under$8.00 Servo turnout Control --- 3D Printed Model RR Objects -- My Home Page

http://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/RR Main/Link Page Menu.html

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 09:29:08 PM »
+1
Possibly I can't go back that far because I just uploaded a couple days ago.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 07:35:54 AM »

What exactly is a "collect"?

A collect is a process where you can "tag" a design and it's to your "collection" folder rather than downloaded -- so lets say I'm browsing through the files, and I see that Chris333 has a neat model that I might find use for at some point -- I collect it and if I want to find it again later, I don't have to search through the whole pile of other stuff

So this is basically -- following a designer

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 06:35:07 AM »
Not that it matters at all, but I just logged in again. There was a flurry of "likes" "collects" "makes" and "watches", but no views at all. And the amount of downloads hasn't changed much.

Sumner

• Crew
  • Respect: +304
    • My Home Pages....
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2021, 10:40:13 AM »
Yep their analytics are pretty much junk it looks like  :(.  Looks like the main purpose of sharing files is working for us though  :).

You would think that since it is owned by Makerbot they might want to treat the site more professionally.  After a little research (that might not be accurate) looks like Makerbot is owned by Stratasys who bought Makerbot for 403 million back in 2014.  Looks like Stratasys, which was founded by S. Scott Crump and his wife Lisa Crump, are maybe responsible for us now having 3D printers (  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratasys   ).  I guess Thingiverse has become the forgotten son,

Sumner
Working in N Scale ---Modeling UP from late 40's to early 70's very loosely......

Under$8.00 Servo turnout Control --- 3D Printed Model RR Objects -- My Home Page

http://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/RR Main/Link Page Menu.html

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2021, 04:24:27 PM »
Wondering if anyone here downloaded any of mine. If you DL the stl file can you then take it and change things if you want?

I'm still using Sketchup to draw and export as an stl. Then I use Netfabb to check if anything is wrong. Technically I have no way to open and alter a stl. Just wondering if others can though.

Also noticed my ore car is from so long ago. If anyone remembers I was having problems back then with Sketchup putting random triangles on everything I drew. When I look at the ore car on Thingiverse I can see some of those triangles.

I an certainly no 3D drawing pro, but I can get what I want  :|

Chris333

• Crew
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2021, 03:32:50 PM »
Anyone here know why when I upload to Thingiverse I get messages that people can't download the files? But if you go to the bottom a click "X thing files" boxes will drop down to let you download the file separately.

Also some if the "things" I cannot view the rotating 3D view?

narrowminded

• Crew
  • Respect: +743
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 12:32:30 AM »
Technically I have no way to open and alter a stl. Just wondering if others can though.

Not on here much these days.  Will get back to it.  Meanwhile, go down the Sketchup menu and about half way down the list click on "import".  Follow from there.  I've done this successfully.
Mark G.