Author Topic: BLI Jet Mikado  (Read 732 times)

Teditor

• Crew
  • Respect: +26
BLI Jet Mikado
« on: September 30, 2021, 07:31:54 PM »
OK, basically sorted out the traction tires situation with this BLI N Scale loco, now to the DCC side, two things, as the loco chuffs along it sounds like the chuff hesitates as in a continuous loop recording with a gap, the other problem is when I decelerate to zero on the NCE hand piece the loco takes off at full speed, is removing the DC option what is needed and if so any particular settings to go for.

Teditor from the Land Down Under.

Teditor

• Crew
Re: BLI Jet Mikado
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 07:36:11 AM »
No replies so I thought maybe the DC side of the decoder could be causing the surge, I put a value of 1 in CV29 and all seems OK.

Teditor from the Land Down Under

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 02:13:01 PM »
No replies so I thought maybe the DC side of the decoder could be causing the surge, I put a value of 1 in CV29 and all seems OK.

What DCC system do you use?  There should not be any DC voltage on the track of a DCC powered track, except maybe for brief period when the DCC command station is first powered up, and possibly during shutdown.

I'm also puzzled about setting CV29=1.  That seems an unusual value for CV29.

https://dccwiki.com/Configuration_Variable/Configuration_Register_CV29

CV29=1 would set the decoder for reverse operation, headlight configured for 14-speed step operation, disable alternate (DC power) operation, enable transponding, 3-speed step table,and short address.  Is that how your decoder is configured?
. . . 42 . . .

Teditor

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 09:02:05 PM »
Peteski,

I use NCE and have a test set-up at the club with a Power-Cab, when it comes to DCC I am about as bright as a blown light bulb, but as I received no advice with my original question I stuck my neck out and went for the only thing I could think of.

I keep reading that CV29 does miraculous things, when I looked at it there was just zeroes so I just put in a one.

The loco is at this stage still unlettered so is running default 03, all functions seem OK (with my blown light bulb intensity), the loco still has a hesitation in the sound like a broken loop, but at least for now it is operable.