Author Topic: Effin' Kalmbach  (Read 2367 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2865
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Effin' Kalmbach
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2021, 10:02:19 AM »
+1
Hey, it's your time to waste. I'm just letting you know you won't get very far.

You are such a ray of sunshine and hope.
. . . 42 . . .

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +3912
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2021, 12:11:39 PM »
If enough people get pissed couldn't thing end up like the Bachmann On30 cracked gear lawsuit where Bachmann had to produce and replace new gears?  I know it took about 1.5 years, but they sent me new gears.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +4147
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2021, 03:49:22 PM »
If enough people get pissed couldn't thing end up like the Bachmann On30 cracked gear lawsuit where Bachmann had to produce and replace new gears?  I know it took about 1.5 years, but they sent me new gears.

It could, but I'm pretty sure that ship sailed long ago.

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +241
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2021, 04:47:56 PM »
Being a bit of a hoarder of old computer hardware and software, I can likely help you with that (well, unless you have hundreds of old CDR files to convert).
I can save them as V10 or V12 files which I believe even the latest Corel Draw can handle.

I'm kind of on the fence as far as how far back software manufacturers have to go back to support the native files,  but it would be handy if Corel Draw V18 could open V1 files.

Peteski-

Thanks! Please contact me off list.   
The files are extensive and would be too much work for you.   If there is a way to run earlier versions of CorelDraw on Windows 10 it would be great.  I haven’t looked lately to see what version the files are but can look it up when I’m back on my PC.
This has been a low priority project but worth doing as there is some good stuff in the files worth converting to pdf format.
Charlie Vlk

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1181
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2021, 07:58:37 AM »
Peteski-

Thanks! Please contact me off list.   
The files are extensive and would be too much work for you.   If there is a way to run earlier versions of CorelDraw on Windows 10 it would be great.  I haven’t looked lately to see what version the files are but can look it up when I’m back on my PC.
This has been a low priority project but worth doing as there is some good stuff in the files worth converting to pdf format.
Charlie Vlk

I keep several old operating systems on virtual machines just for those purposes ..  I use Virtualbox https://www.virtualbox.org/on a PC with 16gig ram .. but lesser will work also ..  a few other alternatives are reviewed here .. https://www.lifewire.com/best-virtual-machine-software-4147437