Author Topic: Crowdsourcing stand-in buildings for York  (Read 1935 times)

dougnelson

• Crew
  • Respect: +1617
    • PRR N Scale
Re: Crowdsourcing stand-in buildings for York
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2021, 10:00:45 PM »
+3
Hey Ed-  Have you seen Bob Gallup’s York Ntrak module with the PRR station and freight houses?  You can just see a corner of the PRR office building. Bob runs with the Capital Pennscalers club.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:03:31 PM by dougnelson »

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +4240
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2021, 11:16:52 AM »
Hey Ed-  Have you seen Bob Gallup’s York Ntrak module with the PRR station and freight houses?  You can just see a corner of the PRR office building. Bob runs with the Capital Pennscalers club.

I have. I drool every time I see it.

Do you happen to have contact info for him?

mmagliaro

• Crew
  • Respect: +1350
    • Maxcow Online
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2021, 02:07:32 PM »
I think the trickiest part of the iron work you'll have to do is the hoist (that girder assembly on the outside back face that used to hoist the coal up from where hoppers delivered it to refill the tower).  The 1985 photo shows that it was still there.  But since you don't have to worry about it operating, and pieces can even be missing from it, what with it being "no longer in service", maybe just some etched brass tower pieces could be fitted together to simulate it - something like Alkem or TrainCat's N scale yard towers - both of which are unfortunately long out of production.  Does anybody make etched brass girders for bridges or towers these days?

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1237
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2021, 08:21:16 PM »
I think the trickiest part of the iron work you'll have to do is the hoist (that girder assembly on the outside back face that used to hoist the coal up from where hoppers delivered it to refill the tower).  The 1985 photo shows that it was still there.  But since you don't have to worry about it operating, and pieces can even be missing from it, what with it being "no longer in service", maybe just some etched brass tower pieces could be fitted together to simulate it - something like Alkem or TrainCat's N scale yard towers - both of which are unfortunately long out of production.  Does anybody make etched brass girders for bridges or towers these days?

Max -- I'm going to try an print the lift mechanism in resin . if I simplify the railings, it might work . barring that, maybe some code 40 rail shaped appropriately would be a credibile stand in