Author Topic: The new normal- burn baby, burn.  (Read 3658 times)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8041
    • Conrail 1285
Re: The new normal- burn baby, burn.
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2022, 04:14:27 PM »
+1
It looks to me like BNSF is intentionally creating a lack of employees, probably to help push acceptance of no-crew automated trains.

At least they won't be able to blame the employees when a train goes awry and destroys property of kills people.

Maybe not no-crew, yet, but definitely trying to create artificial scarcity to drive acceptance of one person crews.

And one person crews will make the entire situation even MORE miserable.

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +564
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2022, 07:48:21 PM »
There are already stories about automated trucks on the highways, being tested with a "driver" sitting there watching for issues.  It should be a lot easier on rails.

Maybe some day, model railroaders will be in demand as sit-at-home/work-from-home "engineers" running real trains from afar?  8)

Pomperaugrr

• Crew
  • Respect: +1197
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2022, 09:46:42 AM »
There are already stories about automated trucks on the highways, being tested with a "driver" sitting there watching for issues.  It should be a lot easier on rails.

Maybe some day, model railroaders will be in demand as sit-at-home/work-from-home "engineers" running real trains from afar?  8)

Seeing the way so many "model railroaders" run their layouts, the scenario you jokingly bring up scares the hell out of me!.   :scared: :facepalm: :D

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8041
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2022, 10:47:45 AM »
+1
"Give me three step"

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"