Author Topic: Loksound 5 Diesel Sound Files with(?) Automatic Low/High Idle  (Read 474 times)

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
Loksound 5 Diesel Sound Files with(?) Automatic Low/High Idle
« on: January 06, 2022, 11:05:43 PM »
I've run into this a few times with LS5 sound files, where the description indicates it has an automatic low/high idle but it doesn't seem to be the case once I upload(download?) the file into a loco. Case in point, I just tried to do this with sound file SO531 (GP60) and it says "this project has a notch based low idle with automatic high idle". I have no idea what "notched based low idle" means but I do know what automatic high idle means...or maybe not? In the pre V5 version of this particular sound file, the RPMs would ramp way up after startup as part of a warmup sequence, then back down to slow idle. The V5 version doesn't seem to do this, only starting and staying in low idle. Even more confusing is that, on the Function Mapping page in the LP, the F28 line displays "Manual Notching Logic Auto Low/High Idle" in the Sounds column. However, pushing F28 doesn't seem to do anything either. Anyone have any insight on this?

RBrodzinsky

• Crew
  • Respect: +425
Re: Loksound 5 Diesel Sound Files with(?) Automatic Low/High Idle
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 11:00:57 AM »
Russ, that is the sound slot which contains the logic to do the manual notching (if F28 is on, then F26/27 do notch up and notch down).   There is a lot of logic in that slot (take a look at it in the LP Sound tab).

Rick Brodzinsky
Chief Engineer - JACALAR Railroad
Silicon Valley FreeMo-N

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
Re: Loksound 5 Diesel Sound Files with(?) Automatic Low/High Idle
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 01:22:27 PM »
Thanks, Rick! What I'm looking for is the automatic ramping up and down of RPM's while at idle like several Select files had. The description for this V5 says automatic so, in my mind, there shouldn't be a need to press anything. Someone at the ESU forum said it has it, you just press F26 for it to ramp up and F26 (or F27?) for it to go down. That's not automatic!