Author Topic: Anycubic Sale  (Read 2542 times)

Sumner

• Crew
  • Respect: +304
    • My Home Pages....
Re: Anycubic Sale
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 07:24:40 PM »
I never found anything I could use on Thingverse.

Curious, what was the problem?  Searching, didn't feel anything was worth printing, other??  What type objects would you like to find?  Do you have a printer?

I've had lots of downloads of objects I've put up and seen that others have also.  It is hard to see if people are just collecting the files or actually printed them.  I'm sure some must be collecting but don't have a printer at this point.  I'm hoping that after developing an object, documenting it and then placing it on thingiverse.com that someone is using it besides myself  :?

I pretty much enjoy the whole process but it would be nice to get more feedback on what I've put up (positive, negative, questions, comments, etc.) but people do post 'likes' so appreciate that.

Sumner
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 07:30:06 PM by Sumner »
Working in N Scale ---Modeling UP from late 40's to early 70's very loosely......

Under$8.00 Servo turnout Control --- 3D Printed Model RR Objects -- My Home Page

http://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/RR Main/Link Page Menu.html

dem34

• Crew
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1081
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 08:01:04 PM »
I'd be happy to lend some web knowledge to setting up a model railroad focused online 3D printing file repo.

Would certainly be handy for guiding newbies.  In the meantime would anyone be opposed to a thread in this sub forum that acts as one?
-Al

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 08:30:44 PM »
Curious, what was the problem?  Searching, didn't feel anything was worth printing, other??  What type objects would you like to find?  Do you have a printer?

I've had lots of downloads of objects I've put up and seen that others have also.  It is hard to see if people are just collecting the files or actually printed them.  I'm sure some must be collecting but don't have a printer at this point.  I'm hoping that after developing an object, documenting it and then placing it on thingiverse.com that someone is using it besides myself  :?

I pretty much enjoy the whole process but it would be nice to get more feedback on what I've put up (positive, negative, questions, comments, etc.) but people do post 'likes' so appreciate that.

Sumner

I looked for a Ford model-t. And everything was either very crude and simple or so complicated and detailed that it would never print in HO scale.

Yes I have 3 printers and 99% of everything I print was drawn up by me.

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2021, 08:56:18 PM »
I spent a few minutes searching on Thingverse and found it difficult to refine and find things.  It might be useful to have a curated thread here for links to things people discover or post elsewhere.  Just a thought.

In theory that is what the sticky post at the top of this sub-forum is for.  It does not appear to have been updated in a while, but it could be.  This would probably be more useful as a group-editable Wiki page rather than a bunch of posts interspersed with comments. 

Can we hang Wiki pages off of an smf forum?

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2021, 11:30:08 AM »
Yes, I do want one, but I know it will probably never get used. The things that I want printed are too difficult for me to design (too difficult = take too much time and effort for me to figure out how to print so I give up frustrated). I have only found one or two things that I would want printed on Thingverse so that doesn't justify the expense. I have seen dozens of things that I would print if the files were available...but they aren't so I either buy them from the creator (directly or indirectly via Shapeways) or take a pass (as in too expensive). Maybe some day...
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »
too difficult = take too much time and effort for me to figure out how to print so I give up frustrated

There really is no reason to stay frustrated.  Start simple, and be patient with the process and with yourself.  You don't need to be a rocket scientist, and there are plenty of folks here on TRW who are very knowledgeable and willing to help.   Start a thread with your questions, and you in essence get your own customized support line ;)

Ed