Author Topic: The LKAB in Sweden  (Read 1355 times)

High Hood

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
Re: The LKAB in Sweden
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 11:28:55 PM »
The problem with most modern iron ore roads, through freight and lack of variety...
Would be great for a "Railfans layout".

Same problem with Japanese prototypes I’m interested in. The heavy presence of passenger trains, combined with a general lack of switching means a railfan layout is almost inevitable. Fortunately there are some good switching prototypes that can be found with a bit of research. Personally I’d like a nice little railfan layout just to run different ore road prototypes.

The bigger problem I see with ore roads (or at least modern ones) is that there is such little equipment available to model them! If someone made a modern ore car it would be a game changer! https://www.canadianrailwayobservations.com/2010/oct10/mittal3022.jpg

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4612
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 11:35:19 PM »
In that case, it's awesome.

But my experience is that that quickly gets boring.

It's the "purpose" and interaction that gives our layouts longevity after they start looking "done".

Again, in *Your* opinion. There are several roundy-round members here.

Personally I enjoy building(and maintaining) a model train layout.  Or modifying, or servicing locos. Especially steam locos with very complex valve gear.  :)  Ops?  Yuck!  I rather strip paint.  When I do participate in Ops sessions, I choose to be a road train engineer jobs, with none or minimal switching. Passenger trains are my favorite (for obvious reason).
. . . 42 . . .

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 12:54:17 PM »
There are several roundy-round members here.

:D

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4612
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2021, 07:21:57 PM »

:D

DFF

LOL!  I just watch an episode on MeTV - they started rebroadcasting the series about a month or two ago.   Very silly fun stuff!
. . . 42 . . .