Author Topic: Looking for some orange and white stripe decals (N scale)  (Read 1078 times)

spookshow

• Crew
  • Respect: +1720
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Looking for some orange and white stripe decals (N scale)
« on: June 07, 2021, 06:29:10 AM »
I'm going to be modeling the scene pictured below and need some orange and white stripe decals for the blue barrels. Can anyone think of any Microscale sets that would have something like that? If not, I guess I'll need to find someone who can make some for me.

Thanks!
-Mark

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
Re: Looking for some orange and white stripe decals (N scale)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 10:10:29 AM »
+1
How about Microscale (40-or 87- or) 60-1360?  Larger scales might give something more like what you are looking for, since an HO 3 and 5 inch wide would approximate 5 and 9 inches in N, etc.

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=60-1360&Store_Code=MD&search=60-1360&offset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 11:13:39 AM »
+1
If it were me, I'd use some of the white stripe decals in my inventory, "hint" and mask to paint diagonal orange stripes, with a brush and then seal with Dullcoat.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

spookshow

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 02:27:07 PM »
How about Microscale (40-or 87- or) 60-1360?  Larger scales might give something more like what you are looking for, since an HO 3 and 5 inch wide would approximate 5 and 9 inches in N, etc.

I'll give those a try, thanks.

-Mark

spookshow

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »
If it were me, I'd use some of the white stripe decals in my inventory, "hint" and mask to paint diagonal orange stripes, with a brush and then seal with Dullcoat.

That was going to be Plan B, but I always try the path of least resistance first  ;)

-Mark

carlso

• Crew
  • Respect: +488
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 05:12:37 PM »

Mark,

I never found "the scene pictured below". Is it my system?

Regards,
Carl
Carl Sowell
El Paso, Texas

spookshow

• Crew

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1329
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 02:17:57 AM »
The "missing images" are a common, and at the same time, unusual issue.  I've found a few sites that simply won't work with my obsolete OS and browser.  On the other hand, I never seem to have trouble with The Railwire, while more modern browsers do.

My latest issue was with Scientific American.  As a subscriber, I'm paying for online and print.  I read the print and ignore the online.  Last month I decided to finally register for the online access.  Turns out I can't do.  The registration page works fine, but their system won't accept the request.  Why?  According to both the FAQ page and customer service humans, I have to buy a new computer.  They will only accept registration from the two newest versions of common browsers.  Older browser version, it's rejected.  One of the minority browsers?  It's also rejected.

And, no, they do not have a print only subscription.  If I want to subscribe to the magazine, I have to pay for the online access, which they won't let me have!
N Kalanaga
Be well

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 02:40:54 AM »
The "missing images" are a common, and at the same time, unusual issue.  I've found a few sites that simply won't work with my obsolete OS and browser.  On the other hand, I never seem to have trouble with The Railwire, while more modern browsers do.

The "missing photos" problem on the Railwire is due to many browsers (after some recent browser updates) blocking non-secure (http) contents within secure (https) sites, like this forum.  There are several threads about the problem and solution in the Admin section of the forum (Mark pointed to one of the threads).  It is not related to the other problems you  described.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 02:45:11 AM by peteski »
. . . 42 . . .

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1329
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 12:18:27 AM »
Peteski:  No, it isn't related, except that ones choice of browser can have odd results.  In my case, older sites that don't work with new browsers work fine.  For those who keep their systems up-to-date, the old sites can be problematic.  And, since every system is a little different, even two users with "identical" browsers may have different results.
N Kalanaga
Be well