Author Topic: Dirt-cheap spray booth  (Read 3012 times)

pedro

• Crew
  • Respect: +329
Re: Dirt-cheap spray booth
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2021, 09:04:21 AM »
Awesome, thanks Bryan! I’m thinking of doing something similar on a semi-permanent custom spray booth that has an outside wall access via an attic space.…I can actually mount the fan right in the wall between the studs and have the exhaust exit down and out via the soffit. This gives me the push I need to get it on the drawing board.

pedro

• Crew
  • Respect: +329
Re: Dirt-cheap spray booth
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2021, 09:18:07 PM »
Thought I would update this in case anyone goes looking for airbrush booth suggestions...Also not sure if any of you ever got your "dirt-cheap" eBay booths??

This past week I purchased and installed one of the (not quite dirt-cheap) Amazon/eBay Chinesium "Togush" portable airbrush booths. I like the idea of the home-brew solution, or the $400 Pace unit, but this one seems to work well, and it was $137 shipped from Amazon. I opted for one of the larger (21x13x13" workspace) dual-fan booths with LED lights and variable speed fan/ brightness control. I did a semi-permanent installation with rigid 4" aluminum ducting through the wall of the studio, into an attic crawlspace, and down through the garage ceiling below via a soffit vent/diffuser. It's about a 7' duct run with some necessary twists and turns, but the surprisingly strong dual fans seem to be up to the task. (They claim 9m3/minute) At any rate, I can feel the airflow standing below the vent in the garage, with a 10'-6" ceiling, without any trace of odor.

This is the first spray booth I've ever used, and I'm pretty happy with it. More importantly, the wife is happy with not having to smell my model paints. I spray mostly Tamiya and Gunze acrylics; have not tried it with any solvent-based paints yet. Will update when I do. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZFKLX7K?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details