Author Topic: Coming in April 2021 from BLI, a PRR...  (Read 4226 times)

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +908
Re: Coming in April 2021 from BLI, a PRR...
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2021, 11:35:51 AM »
Looks like someone went through and -1'd all the negative comments on this crap model (hallmark ornament).. I +1's everyone back to 0, but can't +1 my comments...

'lil help?
~Ian

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2021, 02:07:10 PM »
How is it that they missed the opportunity to paint these PRR pseudo outside braced boxcars in NYC green with ATSF lettering, like everyone else's stockcar?

But, to be fair to BLI, maybe we should stop making fun of this for its low quality tooling and completely unprototypical appearance, and just re-categorize it with Christmas trains, Thomas's, and various other toys.

Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4611
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2021, 02:20:34 PM »
Looks like someone went through and -1'd all the negative comments on this crap model (hallmark ornament).. I +1's everyone back to 0, but can't +1 my comments...

'lil help?

So we have a BLI fanboy with serial down-voting tendencies?  One of the reasons I dislike this "respect" rating.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:  I wonder if it is someone who works for BLI?   :trollface:

Took care of you, and also added few more gratuitous up-votes on the posts which point out the clear and obvious shortcomings of that "model".  If there can be serial down-voters, why not also have serial up-voters.  Lets fight it out!!  At least we can have some fun with this voting system!
. . . 42 . . .

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +908
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2021, 04:16:58 PM »
How is it that they missed the opportunity to paint these PRR pseudo outside braced boxcars in NYC green with ATSF lettering, like everyone else's stockcar?

But, to be fair to BLI, maybe we should stop making fun of this for its low quality tooling and completely unprototypical appearance, and just re-categorize it with Christmas trains, Thomas's, and various other toys.

I don't have anything against the sound model... it's a cool novelty.. and I have 2 of them.. What really bugs me about the model.. was the mfg response on initial release..

-- "It was an over site in production"...
Then the story changed to.. "We needed a solid body for a sound chamber for the speaker.". only to disassemble the model and find a sound chamber around the speaker.. and the solid body did NOTHING to improve the sound.

So years later we have a 2nd release with NO corrections to the model...
.. They could have fixed the shell and had a decent PRR stock car.. but NOPE...

BLI is putting out steady releases of decent N scale stuff.. so we shouldn't complain too much!.

Oh well.. ~Ian

~Ian

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2021, 05:04:05 PM »
Looks like someone nullified my up-vote on your earlier post.  Oh well. . .  Too bad the system is not used for its intended purpose, but for expressing personal feelings and biases.
. . . 42 . . .

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2021, 06:09:11 PM »
I don't have anything against the sound model... it's a cool novelty.. and I have 2 of them.. What really bugs me about the model.. was the mfg response on initial release..

-- "It was an over site in production"...
Then the story changed to.. "We needed a solid body for a sound chamber for the speaker.". only to disassemble the model and find a sound chamber around the speaker.. and the solid body did NOTHING to improve the sound.

So years later we have a 2nd release with NO corrections to the model...
.. They could have fixed the shell and had a decent PRR stock car.. but NOPE...

BLI is putting out steady releases of decent N scale stuff.. so we shouldn't complain too much!.

Oh well.. ~Ian
I am happy with my BLI boxcars.  Would buy ATSF steam if they made any. What gets me about the stockcars (beyond that I might have bought a couple PRR stock cars if they were accurate) is that, from appearances, they could have used essentially the same inside parts to create a sound-only B unit- something I really could use.  Or they could have done a drover caboose, with DCC controls over poker game, hard drinking, loud snoring, or a John Wayne story about the Abilene cattle drive, and a CV for PG, PG-13, R and adults only language.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2021, 02:09:15 PM »
Thanks for more down-votes - whoever is doing this!  :RUEffinKiddingMe: :RUEffinKiddingMe: :RUEffinKiddingMe:  If we could see who placed the votes, none of this would be happening. 
. . . 42 . . .

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2021, 02:19:45 PM »
Looks like someone nullified my up-vote on your earlier post.  Oh well. . .  Too bad the system is not used for its intended purpose, but for expressing personal feelings and biases.

That's okay.  I just nullified the negative votes against you on this page.  I'm sure the mods will be on it at some point.

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8034
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2021, 02:24:05 PM »
+6
I am now downvoting any post that talks about voting.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8034
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »
+5
Thanks for more down-votes - whoever is doing this!  :RUEffinKiddingMe: :RUEffinKiddingMe: :RUEffinKiddingMe:  If we could see who placed the votes, none of this would be happening. 

I am.

Any post that complains about the voting system gets a downvote from me because... it's not on topic or contributing to the discussion.

There are thousands of votes up and down over time. Stop caring about one here or there. Because, in general, the system HAS been successful in helping people behave themselves, and is NOT going anywhere.

mmagliaro

• Crew
  • Respect: +1780
    • Maxcow Online
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2021, 07:07:53 PM »
+3
I am a sucker for anything with a cow in it, so my wife got me one of these from the original run.

I "fixed it" by putting a nice Intermountain NP stock car body on it.  It is indistinguishable from my other NP stock cars, except that this one moos.  My only real grumble now is that the axle wipers are stiff and put a lot of drag on the car, and since they are so short, you cannot relax the tension on them and still get reliable  pickup.   One of my "someday" projects is to put Kato style axle-point pickup trucks in it so it is more free-rolling.  But otherwise, it's a mooing car.  What's not to like?

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2021, 08:07:19 AM »
Somebody from the Burning River group was running a wedding train last weekend at the Ohio meet. There was something like 20 cars ending in 2 gons featuring a wedding party. A few cars prior was a "chicken" car loudly clucking away. I asked if there was any connection. Hilarious.
Buffering...