Author Topic: Atlas 40 and 53 Foot Rebuilt Well Cars Have Finally Arrived  (Read 12815 times)

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
Re: Atlas 40 and 53 Foot Rebuilt Well Cars Have Finally Arrived
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2019, 10:47:17 PM »
And there was *one* early Schneider scheme that was appropriate to the Monon model too.

Really?
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 12:12:34 AM »
Really?

Yes. Of course the Schneider logo was a little too large, but really, that's the most you can ever ask for in a Con-Cor.  :D
Under the streets of Los Angeles

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2019, 12:19:14 AM »
Yes. Of course the Schneider logo was a little too large, but really, that's the most you can ever ask for in a Con-Cor.  :D

I need evidence of the prototype. I’m not aware that Schneider trialed a 53’ sheet and post Monon.

They did however trial some very rare 53’ Wabash x-posts though.
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2019, 09:58:04 AM »
I think that every time a product thread says that a product is in stock somewhere, it is sold out by the time I click the link.  8) :D

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2019, 07:34:21 AM »
FYI, if anyone is still looking for these cars, Yankee Dabbler has some in stock...just ordered a couple a few hours ago!
Under the streets of Los Angeles

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2021, 04:27:05 AM »
Looks like the second run of these has landed and made it to some hobby shops. Lombard Hobbies has blown through most of the 53 foot road numbers in a little more than a day.

With everyone obsessed with Big Boys and Turbines, Atlas landed these plus GP40s and articulated auto racks while folks were distracted by their F150 annoucement.

@tom mann
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:15:44 PM by basementcalling »
Peter Pfotenhauer

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +260
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2021, 12:09:37 PM »
I reserved a few from the local hobby shop. After looking at what I have, I'll probably pick up a few more online. Lately I've taken the view that if I "need" it, I should get all I need and not wait for another run later on because it could be years before it's available again. (Spine cars *cough cough*)
I'm sure the Jacksonville Terminal Company well cars are just around the corner, too.

basementcalling

• Crew
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2021, 12:18:37 PM »
I reserved a few from the local hobby shop. After looking at what I have, I'll probably pick up a few more online. Lately I've taken the view that if I "need" it, I should get all I need and not wait for another run later on because it could be years before it's available again. (Spine cars *cough cough*)
I'm sure the Jacksonville Terminal Company well cars are just around the corner, too.

JTC is one company that seems to be churning out new product with no delays.

Atlas, IMHO, did well to get a second run of these to market so swiftly, less than 2 years after the first sold out almost immediately. I think they realized there was a pent up demand for well cars, especially 53' wells. But Lombard is the only place I have seen them listed so far, and that is unusual as Lombard is one of the slower stores to get new product up on their webpage of those I frequent. But in this case they beat MBK, Midwest, and Hogtrainz to the punch.
Peter Pfotenhauer

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2021, 02:59:26 PM »
JTC is one company that seems to be churning out new product with no delays.

Atlas, IMHO, did well to get a second run of these to market so swiftly, less than 2 years after the first sold out almost immediately. I think they realized there was a pent up demand for well cars, especially 53' wells. But Lombard is the only place I have seen them listed so far, and that is unusual as Lombard is one of the slower stores to get new product up on their webpage of those I frequent. But in this case they beat MBK, Midwest, and Hogtrainz to the punch.

I find that Lombard ia unpredictably ahead with some products and behind on others.

basementcalling

• Crew
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2021, 05:58:29 PM »
I find that Lombard ia unpredictably ahead with some products and behind on others.

Yup, but the latter can be good. They often have stuff in stock after it sells out other places because people cannot order it online. A phone call can discover some gems at times, or just hard to find items. Not sure why their process is that way, but unlike MBK, I guess Lombard still has a very robust in store retail business instead of focusing solely on mail order.

Given how they are rolling now, I never know if the lack of an item on the MBK website means it's not in yet, or they already sold them all, as they remove or sometimes don't list things that sell out super quickly. Still wondering if they have Athearn Big Boys or not, but not enough to call em.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 06:00:28 PM by basementcalling »
Peter Pfotenhauer

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2021, 10:23:45 PM »
Still wondering if they have Athearn Big Boys or not, but not enough to call em.

If you meant MBK, they do. I saw them today when I was looking around 3PM Central.

John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2021, 05:20:41 PM »
Cool feature of the new run, all the TTX cars are missing the hitches. This is prototypical since the hitches were remove when the cars were rebuilt.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +128
    • Trains N Scale
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2021, 03:23:28 PM »
Cool feature of the new run, all the TTX cars are missing the hitches. This is prototypical since the hitches were remove when the cars were rebuilt.

No longer factory installed, the hitches are now separately packaged in a plastic bag that is placed beneath the opaque white car nest.

If anyone wants to part with their unwanted hitches, I would like to acquire a bunch of them for a future project.

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2021, 08:18:56 PM »
No longer factory installed, the hitches are now separately packaged in a plastic bag that is placed beneath the opaque white car nest.

If anyone wants to part with their unwanted hitches, I would like to acquire a bunch of them for a future project.

The FEC ones has them install but its cool that they give you the parts.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +128
    • Trains N Scale
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2021, 12:51:24 AM »
The FEC ones has them install but its cool that they give you the parts.

Thanks for the heads up.

All of the ones that I purchased were in TTX livery.