Author Topic: Micro Trains May releases  (Read 1358 times)

Ntrainz1

• Crew
  • Respect: +72
    • blog

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +1548
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Micro Trains May releases
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 09:12:55 PM »
Looking forward to the New Haven heavyweight runner pack toward the end of the month.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +513
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 09:20:24 PM »
CN TBOXes, nice.

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +61
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 02:27:44 AM »
Red TTX logo TBOX cars are now expected in MID-JULY NOW?!?!   :facepalm:
Under the streets of Los Angeles

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 11:08:27 AM »
+1
That BN 3 pack of husky stacks, be cool if it came with drawbars, but somehow I don't think it will

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +257
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 06:42:34 PM »
+2
That BN 3 pack of husky stacks, be cool if it came with drawbars, but somehow I don't think it will

My thoughts exactly.   It would be cool to have some kind of snap-in drawbar product that fit into MT boxes.  Not that I haven't scratchbuilt drawbars, just saying.

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +447
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 12:26:31 AM »
It shouldn't be hard to make a drawbar for MT boxes, from plastic or metal.  Just take a bar and drill two holes to match the coupler pivot posts, then file the center portion narrower if needed.  Since it can be any length you want, you can customize it to fit your curves and turnouts.
N Kalanaga
Be well

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +184
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 06:05:03 AM »
Oh. A runner pack of heavyweight coaches in the colorful, spunky NH McGinnis scheme. SINGLE WINDOW heavyweight coaches. Ah. I'm wondering how many of those types of cars ran with those colors, compared to the many who spent decades if not their entire lives in green w/ white lettering. Curious -- that of all the models of locos the NH owned before 1954 made by all the mfgrs, none have ever come factory painted with the colorful, spunky NH McGinnis scheme. PAs, RSs, H-16-44s.... huh. But Atlas has a new FA coming. How's about when they do an NH version it be in colorful, spunky McGinnis scheme??
Well. One can only guess when MTL will release this coach type in those boring NH green/white paint schemes. There are lots and lots of other RRs with these kinds of cars to do first.

bbussey

• Crew
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 08:25:37 AM »
As with the Pullman Bradley cars, the majority of heavyweight equipment was repainted in the New Image scheme, including the majority of the single window coaches.

Manufacturers release New Haven models primarily in the New Image schemes because the scheme generally sells better than the Dulmaine and older schemes. But there have been plenty of models released in the earlier schemes as well as New Image.

MTL released most of the heavyweight models in pre-New Image schemes, they didn’t sell that well. The first single window coach released in New Image quickly sold out. Focusing on New Image is a no-brainer, and the runner set is the perfect vehicle to do it through. Especially when the runner pack is utilizing two of the MTL heavyweight models most prototypically correct for NH.

Regarding Atlas not releasing hood units in New Image – the RS3, H16-44 and RS11 all have been released in New Image. RS1 and RS3 have been released in the 1960s Trustee scheme.  All of them other than the RS11 have been released in pre-New Image schemes. The only two models they haven’t released in New Image are the RS1 and the S2, which still is cycling through railroads that haven’t been featured at all.

Other motive power factory released in New Image:  DL109 (Walthers), RS2 (Walthers), PA (BLI and Con-Cor).

Why the sudden concern about the proliferation or lack thereof regarding New Image motive power?  You model pre-1954, and you’ve complained in the past about MTL not releasing the single window coach in NH green (although they’ve released each of their other heavyweight models except the 12-1 in those schemes and the RPO twice).

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:37:32 AM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

bbussey

• Crew
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 08:43:36 AM »
As with the single release last year, the runner pack will be as accurate as possible and is based on verified photographs for the car numbers and graphics placement. The single release represented the smoker version, and MTL painted the interior to simulate the leather covered seats. The coaches in this runner pack release were to represent non-smokers, and were planned to feature blue interiors to simulate cloth seats. Hopefully those plans did not change. We will know in a few weeks.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

MTLJoe

• Crew
  • Respect: +741
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 10:34:21 AM »
+4
I will see what we can do.  The drawbars we made for our FT should work with these...but I'll check.

Joe

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +474
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 12:28:17 PM »
Worst case.. use the drawbar (coupler) from the Civil War series?
“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” ~Homer Simpson

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 02:01:01 AM »

I was thinking these, as don't they snap in and out of the boxes? Would make it easier to deal with than the Athearn 3 and 4 unit drawbar'd cars.

MTLJoe

• Crew
  • Respect: +741
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 10:20:52 AM »

I believe they are one in the same...

Joe

ryan_wilkerson

• Crew
  • Respect: +159
    • ShastaRails.com
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 07:43:52 PM »
I will see what we can do.  The drawbars we made for our FT should work with these...but I'll check.
Joe

Joe, that would be great if they work! Could they be supplied as extra parts in the set for those who want to convert to drawbars?