Author Topic: Atlas new N scale model announcement  (Read 8430 times)

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +907
Re: Atlas new N scale model announcement
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2021, 08:29:09 AM »
Just a note: I edited my earlier posts, once I re-watched the video.. (now listening to the audio).. This 'New' (to Atlas) N scale product is not new tooling.
But my other hints are accurate.. (maybe not so much the well received since this is existing tooling... but...)

Looking at the Atlas Production Schedule, I’m not sure why they would announce new products since they can’t seem to get previously announced products from 2 years ago built & shipped.

Might want to build what you’ve already announced first guys.

Funny.. Atlas contacted our LHS trying to do a survey of what we would like to see produced.. and the answer both I and the owner gave..

"We would like to see your backlog of announcements produced!"

It's a model of a model railroad factory - nonfunctional, of course.

I'd want one if I modeled western Oregon..  :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:32:00 AM by learmoia »
~Ian

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2021, 08:51:24 AM »
Looking at the Atlas Production Schedule, I’m not sure why they would announce new products since they can’t seem to get previously announced products from 2 years ago built & shipped.

Might want to build what you’ve already announced first guys.

I am a huge Atlas fan and have a ton of their products. But this is my biggest beef with them. Cramming more and more announcements in the top doesn’t force more products out of the bottom. It is hard to get excited today on a product that might not appear for 18-24 months if you are lucky. It makes me wonder how a company like BLI can consistently bring out products as complicated as steam locos.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +907
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2021, 08:58:39 AM »
+5
I am a huge Atlas fan and have a ton of their products. But this is my biggest beef with them. Cramming more and more announcements in the top doesn’t force more products out of the bottom. It is hard to get excited today on a product that might not appear for 18-24 months if you are lucky. It makes me wonder how a company like BLI can consistently bring out products as complicated as steam locos.

Intermountain: "Those are rookie numbers"
~Ian

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2021, 09:01:09 AM »
+1
Intermountain: "Those are rookie numbers"

Understatement of the morning!  Lol. As far as I am concerned Intermountain is no longer in business, at least not in n scale! 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2021, 10:45:16 AM »
Understatement of the morning!  Lol. As far as I am concerned Intermountain is no longer in business, at least not in n scale!

I'm just glad I got my SD40-2s when I could. What a waste of good tooling.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2021, 11:23:45 AM »
I'm just glad I got my SD40-2s when I could. What a waste of good tooling.

I have my Q FT units, F3’s and a lone F7B.  I would to love to have an A unit to match. 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2021, 11:31:35 AM »
The announcement video is already up: https://www.wgh.life/main-lobby. Close your eyes if you don't want to read the spoiler.

Skip to 0:57 in the vid. 1992 Ford F350 Crew Cab and F250 with utility body. Tooling was acquired from Riverpoint Station.

Don't be fooled by the mis-scripted "Our first announcement in N...", 'cause that was the only one. Other announcements are a MP36 variant in HO and "select" models acquired from MTH in 3-rail O scale.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7956
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2021, 11:47:11 AM »
+1
Well that's disappointing.

I mean, good news, but it's no U30B.

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2021, 12:10:04 PM »
+1
The acquisition of the RPS tooling is very welcome news since RPS had decided not to have any additional releases of the N scale models.  http://www.riverpointstation.com/pages/latest_news.php

Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2021, 12:14:52 PM »
They are turning into my local Ford dealer.
Peter Pfotenhauer

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2021, 12:49:20 PM »
Meh!   :D
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

squirrelhunter

• Crew
  • Respect: +165
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2021, 12:54:10 PM »
That's nice but underwhelming.

Atlas needs to get their factory situation figured out before announcing any more new stuff though.

Basically the only companies putting out product either have a domestic factory or own their own in China. Atlas and IM are some of the last holdouts under the old model and IM is dead and Atlas is struggling to deliver product.

CRL

• Crew
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2021, 01:18:31 PM »
Personally, I hope to see Hencho en Mexico printed on all future Atlas products if they must make their products elsewhere. That way, they could ship by rail to the USA.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2021, 01:28:57 PM »
The acquisition of the RPS tooling is very welcome news since RPS had decided not to have any additional releases of the N scale models.  http://www.riverpointstation.com/pages/latest_news.php

Do you know the reason for that?  Were their N scale sales poor?  I hope they didn't expect the numbers they see in H0 vehicles.

I also hope that Atlas doesn't jack up the price (the RPS prices seemed a bit steep already).  I also hope that Atlas version of those models will be as well-made and well-decorated as the RPS version. Those were very well done. It seems that Atlas' molding and decorating quality on some latest offerings has been not so good.

Is it me or does Atlas seem to have become a home for the lost toys?  They keep picking up unwanted N scale' "toys" from other companies.
. . . 42 . . .

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2021, 04:28:02 PM »
The announcement video is already up: https://www.wgh.life/main-lobby. Close your eyes if you don't want to read the spoiler.

Skip to 0:57 in the vid. 1992 Ford F350 Crew Cab and F250 with utility body. Tooling was acquired from Riverpoint Station.

Don't be fooled by the mis-scripted "Our first announcement in N...", 'cause that was the only one. Other announcements are a MP36 variant in HO and "select" models acquired from MTH in 3-rail O scale.

The three of these items announced don’t seem of equal significance. HO gets engines, O gets passenger cars set to match MTH steam locos. The Ford truck is a supporting item in your scenery. Not the same as engines and rolling stock.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr