Author Topic: Lombard Hobbies, Lombard, IL  (Read 1622 times)

w neal

• Crew
Re: Lombard Hobbies, Lombard, IL
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2021, 08:18:19 AM »

N scale wall:

"I have walked these hallowed halls (aisles)"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:21:47 AM by w neal »
Buffering...

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2021, 09:16:13 AM »
DROOL!  I'm scheduled for a delivery from UPS for a package from Lombard today!  Hope that holds true and gives me a project for this weekend.  I have a divorce trial next week to litigate, and I sure could use a distraction this weekend, even if just for an afternoon.

On a related note, I love the UPS email on the scheduled day of delivery that includes a map to see where the UPS truck is.  On the last few deliveries from UPS, I've been able to watch the driver go past our neighborhood and not make the delivery that day.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:

DFF

General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.
Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Point353

• Crew
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2021, 01:44:40 PM »
On a related note, I love the UPS email on the scheduled day of delivery that includes a map to see where the UPS truck is.  On the last few deliveries from UPS, I've been able to watch the driver go past our neighborhood and not make the delivery that day.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:

DFF
When I get notified that a package is en route via UPS, I call their toll-free number and use the automated system to have the package held for pick up at the local customer center a few miles away. This way I can pick it up as early as 9AM on the day of delivery and it avoids having the package ride around in the truck all day long only to have it thrown onto my porch in the late afternoon - plus it can't be intercepted by porch pirates.

Rossford Yard

• Crew
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »
Not quite on topic, but based on a thread here, claiming Atlas C55 was only available now at Trainworld, I did a hording order for a possible, but by no means fully negotiated layout expansion with the wife.  She is sometimes supportive, sometimes not, and happened to just question the whole idea the day my order was supposed to arrive.

I did what all model railroaders have done from time to time, watch the door and make sure I hustled it up to the train room without her knowing......

Back on topic, I love to shop local shops when I travel, but you always run the risk of them pulling a loco or whatever out of the X-ray, hold it up, and shout to the other inspectors, "No worries, it's just a model train.....laugh, laugh, laugh.  I have shopped at Lombard but will opt for the mail option next time.....