Author Topic: I think I Am DOING IT  (Read 1458 times)

MarkInLA

• Crew
  • Respect: -75
I think I Am DOING IT
« on: March 03, 2021, 08:21:28 PM »
+6
Just felt like venting something here !:

Having made up my mind on a number of fronts in the layout planning department, it feels great; that cool, fuzzy feeling of knowing I'm actually taking steps now to get it happening; another MRR !!
Finally !! The woods, glues, pencil lines, level, drill-driver ozone, SRB/right of way, cork/foam, tracks going in, soldering, wiring, P-Cab throttle igniting, Loco/cars/placing, coupling, switches thrown, first creeping on fresh laid track...engines idling, cream and green L&N RS3 rounding bend on main ..one, two below in valley, begin their duties...
Could it be I'm finally going somewhere; that I'm gaining traction and momentum, my head out of the sand ?!!   M
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:25:34 PM by MarkInLA »

Rivet Miscounter

• Crew
  • Respect: +363
Re: WOW ! I think I Really Am DOING IT !!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 03:38:09 PM »
Nice!   That new layout smell is something else!
Doug

Pomperaugrr

• Crew
  • Respect: +1197
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 04:06:32 PM »
This is an exciting time.  Try not to lose any of that excitement or get bogged down in any one area.  The wealth of knowledge from the great folks on this forum will get you through any roadblocks.  I had to step away from my layout for years, due to family and work obligations, but that excitement was rekindled, when I started small projects again and began visiting the Railwire again.  I have been inspired, challenged and have learned more here, than any other source.  Looking forward to sharing in your journey.

Eric

MarkInLA

• Crew
  • Respect: -75
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 06:15:32 PM »
A belated thank you for replies !!
Been getting bench lighting questions answered over at ACE hardware. I'd no idea fixtures for florescent lighting accept LED as well.
I wrongly thought the two were total different systems; old and new and were not interchangeable...
I'll likely go florescent T8 fixtures W/5000 lum LEDs..for small 10X10x1.5, Mr. L.Shelfie Switchback..(if I ever get off my arse and start it !)... M
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:28:13 PM by MarkInLA »

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5511
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 08:10:31 AM »
+1
Well that's about as far as I got on my last layout (I finished the benchwork, painted the walls sky blue, installed lighting ...)

Then I realized I'd be moving in a few years (now this year) - that, the prospect of a bigger space, and other factors led me to put it on the backburner.

Now I am dismantling the room.  :D