Author Topic: scaletrains.com Announces Pending Delivery of Standard Turbines  (Read 3081 times)

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +1656
From e-mail received just a few minutes ago:

The first production run of Rivet Counter™ N Scale Union Pacific Standard Turbine locomotives is en route to us.  If all goes as planned, preorders will be invoiced Wednesday, April 7th.  All inventory is currently allocated to preorders so we expect this model to sell out quickly. ...

Given that container shipping is hopelessly choked right now, they must be coming by air freight.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +187
Re: scaletrains.com Announces Pending Delivery of Standard Turbines
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 09:21:30 PM »
I got my notice today also!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +341
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 09:22:58 PM »
From e-mail received just a few minutes ago:

Given that container shipping is hopelessly choked right now, they must be coming by air freight.

Doubt they came through Suez.

Must have left China a month ago though.  Wonder if they will have extras, as their website lists all offerings as sold out through pre reservations.
Peter Pfotenhauer

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 12:43:20 PM »

Must have left China a month ago though.  Wonder if they will have extras, as their website lists all offerings as sold out through pre reservations.

From my email:

All inventory is currently allocated to preorders so we expect this model to sell out quickly.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +267
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 12:53:45 PM »
I kept telling them at their booths:

"Please! One number per roadname per year!"

Shane always chuckles at that.
Buffering...

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 07:31:38 PM »
They are probably in the same container with the HO ES44AC's.  The email I got for those mentioned a one week delay coming into the Savannah port, so billing would be pushed from April 5th to 12th. 

If anyone is looking for these, I'd give Lombard Hobbies a call and see if they have any extras coming in.  They are one of the largest retailers carrying ScaleTrains stuff. 

Cheers,
Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2702
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 07:47:10 PM »
If anyone is looking for these, I'd give Lombard Hobbies a call and see if they have any extras coming in.  They are one of the largest retailers carrying ScaleTrains stuff. 

Cheers,
Brian

I looked - I don't even see the turbines listed on the website. The only thing that shows up are the aux. tenders.
. . . 42 . . .

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 08:12:49 PM »
+1
I looked - I don't even see the turbines listed on the website. The only thing that shows up are the aux. tenders.

They won't be on the website until they arrive and they go through the pre-orders to see what's left.  You can do pre-orders with them from here (see link below), but I'd still call to see where you'd be on the list or if you would need to search for another ST dealer or hope some don't pick-up their pre-order from ST directly.  I think ST's gives 2 weeks from notification to pay before they turn them loose on the website for anyone to pick-up.

https://lombardhobby.com/pre-order/

Cheers,
Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2702
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 08:23:39 PM »
They won't be on the website until they arrive and they go through the pre-orders to see what's left.  You can do pre-orders with them from here (see link below), but I'd still call to see where you'd be on the list or if you would need to search for another ST dealer or hope some don't pick-up their pre-order from ST directly.  I think ST's gives 2 weeks from notification to pay before they turn them loose on the website for anyone to pick-up.

Cheers,
Brian

Thanks. I didn't really want to create yet another online account (have to do that to preorder).  I'll just wait (even if that means for another run)..
. . . 42 . . .

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +184
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 04:03:50 PM »

Container ship traffic off LA is jammed up too. There are estimates that shipments have been delayed up to six months because of the covid-caused problems. There are dozens of containers ships sitting now waiting for a slot to open up at the unloading docks.

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 06:28:30 PM »
Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on the two I ordered!

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 06:42:16 PM »
I would assume they are tracking their container as it moves through the channel.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +1156
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 12:26:35 AM »

Cheers,
Brian

I was starting to get worried as I have not been contacted yet by them .

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +90
    • Trains N Scale
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »
Just received the following message from ScaleTrains:

Last week, we expected the all-new Rivet Counter™ N Scale Standard Turbine shipment to arrive before the Rivet Counter HO ES44 locomotives.  Like the weather, delivery dates often change.  Yesterday, we learned the ES44s will be delivered a few days before the Standard Turbines.

Therefore, we’ve decided to invoice the HO ES44s this Monday as planned and move the N Scale Standard Turbine billing to Monday, April 19th.

We have limited capacity to pick, pack, and ship orders.  This will allow our warehouse team of two to ship the bulk of the ES44 preorders before starting the Turbines.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for the delay.

Sincerely,

The ScaleTrains.com Crew

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +1656
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 12:32:19 PM »
Yeah, received the update this morning as well. What strikes me as interesting is they call it "billing" rather than "shipping", but it's pretty clear they're one in the same, or approximately so.

Looking forward to my pair. Now I need to rifle around in my rolling stock collection to find period-appropriate cars to pull for the beauty shots!  :D

(BTW, put a GP9 behind the tender. That was how they ran them after a couple of years of experience realizing that if the turbine glitched on the road, it was most helpful to not have to wait for a tow to the next siding.)