Author Topic: BLI decoders failing  (Read 1298 times)

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
BLI decoders failing
« on: March 12, 2022, 08:59:46 PM »
Well it's happened again. This time it's one of my T1s. Last month a FA and a E7. All three just stop running but have all sounds but they just won't move.  I been through the reset including pushing the little button inside etc.  I replaced one T1 decoder with a Tsunami 2 and love it but i have issues with lights. I'm not up to par on LEDs and resistors etc. I been told what to do but need a diagram to learn it. I also know it isn't rocket science but somehow i turn it into that.

Anyway I'm getting pretty fed up with the BLI decoders. Both centipede sets have been back there three times each over the years along with an E7 and a FA and two T1s.  So as these decoders die i have been replacing them with Soundtraxx less using the light hook ups until i figure how to do it properly.

BTW, I love the steam wheel slip F19

Viperjim1

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
Re: BLI decoders failing
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 12:55:02 AM »
That’s why I got rid of all my bli’s !!!! Nothing but decoder issues. Glad I didn’t invest in their Heritage UP fleet.

rrjim1

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 07:02:47 AM »
It's funny I haven't had a single problem with BLI. I did have two Tsunami 2s that went in the trash and were replaced with ESU decoders.

SirTainly

• Crew
  • Respect: +54
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 08:36:46 AM »
And just to complete the circle, I have here a brand new ESU that died during programming, so is going back for replacement.

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1252
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 03:34:09 AM »
I've never had a problem with my BLI motive power.  AND, I've never had a problem with my Soundtraxx Tsunami's.  AND, I've never had a problem with any of the TCS decoders.  AND, I've never had a problem with any of the Digitrax decoders. AND, I've never had a problem with any of the ESU decoders.

But, I HAVE had problems with MRC POS decoders that were in the first run Athearn Challengers and Big Boys...they got replaced with Tsunami's...

Just sayin'...

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore

kiwi_al

• Crew
  • Respect: +356
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 04:30:16 AM »
And just to complete the circle, I have here a brand new ESU that died during programming, so is going back for replacement.
Hi Simon, was that going in your SDL39?  :D
Alister

SirTainly

• Crew
  • Respect: +54
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 05:29:02 AM »
Nah that had a dz123 before the loco got broken up 😁