Author Topic: Fox style swap in trucks for Bachmann tenders from Keystone Details  (Read 212 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +1741
    • Designer at Keystone Details
The fox style tender trucks are now available in two designs (electrical contacts shown in the CAD images are not included):

An open bolster spring hole version that can be converted to coil or spring using the eight inserts provided can be purchased here:

Open:

Leaf:

Coil:

The closed sideframe version can be purchased here.

Closed:

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +571
Ordered. Along with the Archbar ones. B&M Steam coming up!

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2735
    • Coming (not so) soon...
John,
On the trucks where the springs are added on, what are they glued to?  The sideframe, or to the metal bearing/pickup plate?
. . . 42 . . .

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +1741
    • Designer at Keystone Details
+1
All,

After snipping the spring off the sprue, ensure the back of the detail is flat (i use straight toenail clippers).

Best to test fit after cleaning.

Push the insert at an angle into the pocket on the back of the sideframe.

Rotate the insert into position. 

Install of the insert is complete. Ensure the two surfaces are flush or the insert is slightly below the sideframe back surface.  The Bachann electrical contact must lay flush against the back of the sideframe. I would apply thin CA along the seam in the back around between the green insert and the back of the tan sideframe.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2735
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Excellent!  Thanks John!  Looking at the 3D drawings, not seeing the actual N scale sizes there didn't appear to be much thickens (gluing surfaces) to the sides of the springs.  But now I see that there is enough surface area to get the springs glued to the sideframes.
. . . 42 . . .